Eurocom introduced the EUROCOM Panther 2.0 super notebook for Gaming, Workstation or Server use powered by NVIDIA SLI Fermi GPUs and Intel’s line of 6-core i7-980x and Xeon 5600 series LGA1366 processors.
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 provides workstation and server-calibre capabilities with up to 3TB (Terabytes!) of storage with four internal physical hard drives and RAID 0/1/5/10, super-powerful 3.33 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor Extreme Edition i7-980X; or 3.33 GHz XEON X5680 processors running at 6.4GT/sec bus speed, Gigabit Ethernet port on-board (quad port optional), HDMI in and out ports, eSATA, DVi ports, with a 17.3” Full HD 1920×1080 LED backlit display and full size keyboard.
Featuring workstation-class or server-class Intel Core i7 Extreme or Xeon Processor and up to 24GB of DDR3-1600 memory, the EUROCOM Panther 2.0 also features the largest storage capacity on the market today – a whopping 3 TB with RAID 0/1/5/10 with four physical hard drives – making it the perfect mobile workstation or server laptop for users who demand extra-large capacity storage and reliability for a true portable server / workstation experience.
EUROCOM Panther 2.0 supports most of 64-bit operating systems available on the market from Microsoft Windows 7 or Server 2008 up to Red Hat; VMware or Solaris.
- 17.3-inch Full HD; 1920-by-1080 pixels; LED Backlit; Glossy Surface
- Upgradeable Processor: Intel i7-980X Extreme or Xeon 5500/5600; 4 and 6-cores; LGA1366; 32nm technology; 65W-130W
- Supports Intel’s XTU (eXtreme Tuning Utility) and XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile) functions
- Upgradeable Graphics: MXM 3.0b; up to 100W per card; supports both single or dual GPU operation, and both CrossfireX and SLI; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M (Fermi); Quadro FX 2800M/FX 3800M/FX 5000M; ATi Radeon Mobility HD5870
- Storage: up to 4 physical drives (mechanical or SSD); RAID 0/1/5/10; over 3TB of storage
- Optical Drive: Choice of DVD Burner, Blu Ray Reader for Blu Ray Burner
- Card Reader: MS/MS Pro/MS Duo/SD/Mini-SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible/MMC/RSMMC
- Built in TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling function
- Five instant buttons: Volume Up/Down, Mute, WiFi On/Off, Bluetooth On/Off
- Sound System: High Definition Audio, S/PDIF output; Microphone; 5 speakers; subwoofer; Dolby Home Theater
- Ports: 2x USB 3.0; 3x USB 2.0; HDMI-in 1.4; HDMI-out; DVI-DL; eSata; IEEE1394b; S/PDIF; Headphone; Microphone; Audio Line-in; RJ-45; CATV-in
- Power: Auto Switching 300 Watts AC Adapter 100-240V; DC 20V 15A; Smart Li-Ion Battery 88.8WH; Battery time approx 1 hour
- Dimensions: WxDxH 419x286x56.5-60.7mm/16.76×11.44×2.26-2.43inch
- Weight: 5.3kg/11.66lbs including battery and ODD
Driving the system is the 6-core Intel 3.33GHz Extreme Edition i7-980X processor with bus speeds of up to 6.4GT/sec and 8MB of L3 cache, which delivers exceptional multi-tasking and multi-threaded performance. It also supports the newest line of Intel Core i7 Xeon 6-cores processors X5600 series.
The EUROCOM Panther 2.0, which measures 15.8″ x 11.9″ x 2.05″ and weights under 12lbs, also supplies tremendous SATA-300 storage (up to 3TB using four drives). Customers may also choose between RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for the ultimate transfer rates and application load times or redundancy.
“It’s a server or workstation-calibre computer complete with built-in Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) in a 12 pound notebook form factor,” said Mark Bialic, President of Eurocom. “This is one extremely fast notebook that offers server or workstation calibre capabilities. It is designed to replace traditional desktop based workstations. It offers incredibly high ROI by allowing companies to be more productive and offer new “on the go” CAD/CAM services while greatly reducing overall IT management costs”.