Innovation and performance go hand-in-hand with Mushkin. Not to be outdone by the likes of Corsair and their Hydro Block for memory modules, Mushkin releases Copperhead; a memory cooling setup for the masses.
It is all in the name, Copperhead. Knowing that copper has the greatest thermal conductance available to everyday users, Mushkin has chosen to use this precious metal in the entire heatspreader on each module. Giving superior cooling potential to their top line memory.
In addition, the option exists for a water block with a pure copper base to be fastened onto the existing memory without any modification required. Giving those who choose to liquid cool their components, another high end component to add amidst their loop.
The company is releasing both dual and triple channel modules aimed for the Core i5 and i7 crowd. The memory all operates at 1600MHz with 1.65V, the only different being the frequencies.
The following SKUs have been announced;
- 996775 – 4GB (2GB x 2) PC3-12800 @ 1600 MHz CL 8-8-8-24
- 996772 – 4GB (2GB x 2) PC3-12800 @ 1600 MHz CL 7-8-7-20
- 998774 – 6GB (2GB x 3) PC3-12800 @ 1600 MHz CL 8-8-8-24
- 998771 – 6GB (2GB x 3) PC3-12800 @ 1600 MHz CL 7-8-7-20
- 998773 – 6GB (2GB x 3) PC3-12800 @ 1600 MHz CL 6-7-6-18
Prices range from 105.99 Euro up to 219.99 Euro with the add on waterblock purchased seperately.