While Blackberry 10 has been delayed until next year, RIM isn’t sitting out on the sidelines entirely this fall. The company is planning on releasing a 4G LTE version its Blackberry Playbook sometime in Q4 of 2012.
This is all according to a leaked roadmap as seen below that Blackberry OS obtained.
Here are RIM’s plans for 2012-2013:
- 4G LTE Playbook, dubbed “Winchester 2”, set for Q4 2012
- BlackBerry 10 London/Nevada – Q1, 2013
- BlackBerry 10 Upgrade for PlayBook – Q1/Q2, 2013
- BlackBerry device codenamed “Nashville” – Q2/Q3, 2013
- BlackBerry 10 inch PlayBook “Blackforest” – Q3, 2013
- BlackBerry device codenamed “Naples” – Q3/Q4, 2013
BlackberryOS, notes RIM is planning on launching Blackberry 10 in Europe first because European markets ”have been better receptive to Blackberry than the doom-and-gloom of the American markets”.
More information about Blackberry 10 is expected to be released in September at Blackberry Jam, RIM’s San Jose conference.