GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY has received an official announcement from Intel indicating the Intel 6-Series chipset design error and has implemented a silicon fix. Please see this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-032263.htm
As the No.1 motherboard manufacturer, GIGABYTE will make its best effort to recall boards that were built on the mentioned chipsets from our distributors with minimum disruptions.
As of today, we have suspended the entire 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards shipments. According to Intel’s production schedule, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on this shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models with the new B3 stepping.
1. GIGABYTE has stopped shipping and selling all Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards.
2. All GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards are being retrieved from our distributors and dealers.
3. Any sold GIGABYTE Intel 6 Series B2 stepping chipset based motherboards should be returned and accepted from authorized Gigabyte dealers.
4. The new B3 stepping chipset should be available toward the end of February. GIGABYTE will work with Intel closely to make the new motherboards become available to customers sometime in April.
5. GIGABYTE will introduce a brand-new 6 Series motherboard line based on the Intel 6 Series B3 stepping chipset.
GIGABYTE prides itself in having the highest service quality in the industry, and as such we will resolve this issue with minimal impact on our customers. Should you have any questions, please contact GIGABYTE customer service for further assistance or visit www.gigabyte.us for details.
Q: What action should be taken if I own/purchased a GIGABYTE 6 Series motherboard?
A: GIGABYTE stands behind all our products, and is committed to the highest quality product and customer support services. We recommend you return your product to your place of purchase for a refund. GIGABYTE is working with our vast network of distributors, and retailer/online dealers to streamline refunds with minimal inconvenience to end customers.
Q: Does GIGABYTE offer a swap policy for GIGABYTE 6 Series motherboards?
A: GIGABYTE will do it’s best to reduce any disruptions. Corrected product will be available near the end of April (pending Intel production schedule). We encourage all customers to return their affected product for refunds now. Those customers electing to keep the current flawed motherboard and wait two months for a similar replacement motherboard will need to register, and sign a release waiver form. Contact GIGABYTE Customer service department for this option. (email: services@gigabyte‐usa.com, or phone (626) 854‐9338, option 4)
Q: When will the replacement be available?
A: According to Intel’s production plan, the 6 Series B3 stepping Express Chipset will be available in volume by April. GIGABYTE will then, based on Intel’s shipping schedule, produce new motherboard models.