Zalman has launched their highly anticipated VF3000F VGA cooler – designed for the rather warm running NVIDIA Fermi lineup – that appears to be inspired by the Incredible Hulk.
Aside from its very showy, metal green cover (NVIDIA, Green, get it?) the VF3000F featuress a dual fan system allowing for optimal cooling and reduced noise with the ability to adjust fan speeds from 1400rpm (18dBA) to 3000rpm (33dBA). The kit also includes a separate heatsink specifically for cooling the RAM and MOSFETs. The cooler itself uses a pure copper base and heatpipes, which dissipate heat into an aluminum fin array.
The cooler sits at 239mm (W) x 98mm (D) x 51mm (H) and carries a total weight of 430g.
There are two different models, one designed to fit the NVIDIA GTX 480 and another for the GTX 470/465. It is unfortunate that it took Zalman so long to get the cooler out to the market, especially with expectations that NVIDIA’s current GF100 lineup are expected to go EOL (end of life) in the near future.
- Powerful Cooling Performance with Zalman’s First Dual Fan Solution.
- Dedicated RAM/FET Heatsink.
- Ultra Quiet Design with Special Fin design.
- Excellent Peripheral Component Cooling.
- High Performance Super Thermal Grease ZM-STG2.
- Fan Speed Control with Fan Mate2