After initial delays, Futuremark’s next generation graphics and system benchmarking suite, 3DMark 11 is finally being officially launched. 3DMark 11 is the latest in the long-running series of graphical benchmarks used by millions of gamers and enthusiasts worldwide. Designed for testing DirectX 11 hardware in the latest gaming PCs, 3DMark 11 includes Futuremark’s signature high-end, real-time graphics across six all new benchmark tests. You can get a free download of the benchmark from here.
You can see our first usage of the benchmarking program in the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 review.
3DMark 11 Basic Edition
A free download that offers an unlimited number of benchmark runs using the performance preset without expiry or registration.
3DMark 11 Advanced Edition
Offers all presets, custom settings, benchmark looping, unlimited online results storage, offline results management and more for $19.95.
3DMark 11 Professional Edition
The only edition licensed for commercial use, the Professional Edition unlocks all features including command line automation, the image quality tool, logo-free demo looping and priority support. $995.00.
WHAT’S NEW IN 3DMARK 11
- Native DirectX 11 engine making extensive use of advanced real-time graphical effects including tessellation, volumetric lighting, depth of field and post processing.
- 3DMark 11 uses the open source Bullet Physics library, running rigid body simulation on the CPU and soft body simulation on the GPU.
- Demo mode returns in 3DMark 11 pairing stunning graphics with an evocative soundtrack by Pedro Macedo Camacho.
- 3DMark 11 launches with an improved online service allowing users to validate, store, share and compare their benchmark results with those from other users.
- For the first time in the 3DMark series, users can choose languages other than English including German, Simplified and Traditional Chinese and Finnish.
Futuremark has released a raft of new trailers recorded at high quality showcasing all the tests and the audio visual demo from 3DMark 11. The new trailers can be viewed here.
CASH AND HARDWARE UP FOR GRABS IN OVERCLOCKING COMPETITION
The 3DMark 11 Launch OC Challenge, which starts today and runs until January 4, 2011, offers $2000 in cash and heaps of hot hardware as prizes in the first official 3DMark 11 overclocking competition. With prizes for highest scores, best overclock, best performance for the price and a weekly lucky draw there are lots of ways to take part and win. For more details of the competition and prizes please visit this page.