What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Project "Gettin' out of the Ghetto"

biff

This coming week should be build time and don't worry I'll toss up some pics. AFAIK everything is ready to go. Just trying to think of everything before I do the switch. LOL I hope I can remember how this case goes back together!

biff

I started the built last night finally. Most of it is pretty much together sans a psu which probably leaves the hardest part... cable management. Also at this point I'm not very happy with my hose routing, it looks like a jumbled mess. I suppose it's not too bad for being two full complete internal loops but I'm still not happy. I might play with relocating the res' (res's ?).

This is my 3rd WC setup but my first that I actually care about trying to keep neat and organized so my inexperience seems to be showing. I'll post some pics tonight and would appreciate any input.

biff

Here's some pics of it going together.
rimg1651ne4.jpg

rimg1666zv6.jpg

rimg1671gs5.jpg

And here's what I'm looking at now. Not sure if I'm happy with the tubing. The tube that comes down from the CPU block and is curled around would be cut right at the rad. I don't want to do any more cutting until I'm sure of the layout.

rimg1676cs3.jpg

rimg1677bs5.jpg

Any comments?

low351

I don't see why you are unhappy with the tubing? I must be missing something. It looks really tight to me.

Speaking of tight, I imagine you've trial mounted your PSU, it looks like there's very little room for it unless the rad pushed over.

biff

I don't see why you are unhappy with the tubing? I must be missing something. It looks really tight to me.

Speaking of tight, I imagine you've trial mounted your PSU, it looks like there's very little room for it unless the rad pushed over.

Thanks for the compliments. Maybe I'm just being too self critical. I think I'm going to go with it as it is since there isn't really any other place to put the res' and pumps without compromising the ability to add an additional loop up top or back should I ever want to.

No worries about the PSU, here it is shoehorned in. I'll be fine for upgrades too as long as I stay with a unit that is 150mm long or less, and IIRC some 800W or 850W units are about that small now. By the time I need a new PSU I would think that the 1k's might be that small.

rimg1683zl2.jpg

1Tanker

Very nice work Biff.. looks great. On a build like this, it pays to take your sweet time, to make sure everything's done right. Looking forward to seeing the finished project. :thumb:

Latest posts