What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Project: Daedalus

Akai

Project: Daedalus *Bandwidth Warning Pictures!*

So I started a new build today! w00t :clap:

After some debate ive decided to build a mini gaming rig with portability and power in mind.

Intended Parts:
Motherboard: eVGA X58 Micro *In need of this
CPU: Intel i7 920 *Already Owned
Ram: 6Gb Corsair DDR3 1600 *Already Owned. upgrading to 12Gb down the road
Video: 2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216s in SLI *Already Owned
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000 as once again I already own it
Storage: Either 2x80Gb X-25m's in RAID0 and 2xWD 1TB Blacks in RAID1 OR 3x80Gb X-25m's in RAID0 and a 2.5" WD 320 GB Black drive for a scratch disk. Thoughts?

The case I will be using is a Silverstone SG03B custom painted with a Black/Grey/Red/White colour scheme, similar to my Warhammer 40k Space marine colour scheme.

Originally I was planning on watercooling the components inside but due to size restrictions ive opted to use something like a Corsair H50 to cool the CPU instead.

I picked up the case today and already fully disassembled and started painting. I must say I love this case! With a screwdriver you can basically take apart the whole thing with ease. A Painters dream so far.

Pictures to come! ... And they are here! Pictures added 09/22 Bandwidth Warning though folks!
Daedalus_27.jpg

Progress Log:
09/22/2009 Case is painted, i have some minor touch ups to do when I have some more free time but it turned out pretty well

Last edited:

martin_metal_88

Akai, I think it's the first time we talk together:p That's look like a awesome build and really good one. I just wonder to know, Why are you using a 320GB 2.5 drive for storage? I would go, and no other way, with the first option of 2 X 80GB and 2X 1tb black. For the rest, good Idea good part and carry one with this great build, don't forget to show us some pic:) Ho and, my welcome to HWC.

Ask for more.

Akai

Yah im fairly new around these parts :) Mainly been spending my time in the buy & sell and the odd thread here and there but thanks for the warm welcome.

I was debating the 320gb 7200 RPM 2.5" drive for a scratch disk and the 3x80gb x-25m's as the boot drive as that should max out the throughput on the Intel ICH10R and provide enough storage for games and some media.

I currently have 4x1TB Blacks in RAID5 but I might move those into another PC for the main storage and just use this machine for games. My problem is my collection of Media far exceeds the 1TB size.. hence why 4 1TBs are in a RAID5 array currently. :)

Ill be sure to get some pics up of the paint job within the next few days. I wont be done though until i can get a appliques for some logos to help with the fine details of the paint job.

Last edited:

Akai

Paint Scheme and Case

So here is the kind of look which im going for, I mentioned before Warhammer 40k

Colour_Scheme_01.jpg

Colour_Scheme_02.jpg

The chosen Paints from my trip to Home Depot
Colour_Scheme_03.jpg

The case before any work is done, fresh outta the box!
Daedalus_01.jpg

Daedalus_02.jpg

Daedalus_03.jpg

Side Panel comes off
Daedalus_04.jpg

Basically everything comes off....
Daedalus_05.jpg

Daedalus_06.jpg

Daedalus_07.jpg

Daedalus_08.jpg

Akai

And the painting Begins!

So I started painting...

Here are some shots of the main body being painted in black
Daedalus_09.jpg

Daedalus_10.jpg

Painting the PCI Ports, Hard Drive Racks, External 3.5" PSU mount in Dark Grey...
Daedalus_11.jpg

Daedalus_12.jpg

Daedalus_13.jpg

And a little red on some of the hard drive parts to give it a little colour
Daedalus_14.jpg

Last edited:

Akai

Finished Results!

So i got a little busy while painting and stopped taking pictures... so onto some of the finished results! :clap:

The 5.25" Drive bay
Daedalus_15.jpg

From the side with the 3.5" External Holder/PSU support beam
Daedalus_16.jpg

Daedalus_17.jpg

Side beam and a shot of the painted bottom Hard Drive Mounts
Daedalus_18.jpg

Bottom of the case showing the Hard Drive Bays which come out
Daedalus_19.jpg

Rear shots showing some of the PCI Brackets and Grey highlights
Daedalus_20.jpg

Daedalus_21.jpg

Daedalus_22.jpg

Rotating around a little to the Side panel with my Kanji for Akai
Daedalus_23.jpg

Daedalus_24.jpg

Daedalus_25.jpg

Finally around to the front..
Daedalus_26.jpg

Daedalus_27.jpg

Daedalus_28.jpg

Daedalus_29.jpg

Daedalus_30.jpg

Dwayne

+1 on that paint job, very clean and it matches your space marine quite well. It will be nice to see the guts installed, when they all arrive.

Latest posts