Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2008, 09:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
jdrom17, did you take out the 200mm fan at the top of your 900? I remember seeing your build when you posted, (I see I posted in the thread actually), but I really prefer an internal mount rad, I seem to move my system around a fair amount. What I was thinking was to mount 2 red YL's pulling air through the rad and exhausting out the front of the case. Possibly mounting a couple of push fans on the other side of the rad. Reverse the rear case fan so it's pulling air in.
200mm is still in and is my only exhaust. If you move your system around a lot, regardless or internal/external, it's going to way quite a bit more. All that water and metal adds up. Having the rad external does make it more awkward to carry the case though.

IMO there's better budget cases to use for an internal setup like the NZXT Tempest or even the CM690. I hope to get a nice full tower case some day and move everything internal, but when I have the money, there's always something else I'd rather buy than a case...
Old August 27, 2008, 09:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh, I know there's many better cases to build a internal WC system in, (cosmos S, drool, thermaltake armor), but I happen to own this one already. If I'm gonna lay out $200+ bucks on WC parts, I can't afford a new case right now. I got my 4870 by clearing out most of my excess parts.

Picked up my GTZ today, it comes with both 3/8" and 1/2" barbs, how cool is that?

Off to do some cable smushing. Cheers.
Old August 30, 2008, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, seeing as yesterday was payday and I won $120 playing Blackjack the other night, I ordered most of the rest of my parts.

I did go with the CPX-Pro for $46.01 pricematched from DC. Black Ice rad. Grabbed Swiftech 7/16" tubing, because I saw Vortex's recommendation on NCIX. Grabbed those ghost barbs off the forum sale. Oh, and a koolance block to make a t-line and drain.

Didn't order a fancontroller, because I won't know if I have room for one until mock-up stage. If I don't, I'm gonna get one of these: Petra's Tech Shop as my mobo has a whopping 2 fan headers.

And the Red LED Yate Loon's I want are out of stock for 3-4 weeks. Sigh. I'll probably pick up some of the Zalman's for the short term. My system won't glow for a while.
Old August 30, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

I was looking at that, very interesting, Look Sugar, if you can order 2 and send one here, I'll pay you for it. Please :) :p
Old August 30, 2008, 09:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Miggs78, if you're serious, I'll let you know before I order anything from Petra's. I know it's not worth it to just order a 12 dollar part.
Old August 30, 2008, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Miggs78, if you're serious, I'll let you know before I order anything from Petra's. I know it's not worth it to just order a 12 dollar part.
I could order some stuff from there too if anyone is thinking of a larger order.

And I'm in your area Sugar :P
Old August 30, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Actually thanks Sugar, we would love if you can help us, yes and your right, your paying more shipping cost.

Thanks
Old August 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
F@H

My System Specs

OK, you 2, I'll let you know before I order anything. The fans I want are out of stock for 3-4 weeks, so I won't do anything before that, unless I change my mind about Red Led YL's. Aaron @ Petra's quoted me a whole $10 for USPS for the order I wanted, they're very reasonable with shipping. Only take Paypal for international orders.
Old August 30, 2008, 10:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

Perfect, that is enough time for me gather some money.. I just want small stuff, nice c-stip edging, one of those units your getting for fan connection, I love my zalman's, don't even sound much when on full speed 1800rpm.

Thanks Sugar
Old September 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I got goodies!!!

Off to Rona to find some 6/32 screws!

Oh, seeing as this will be an internal mount where the HDD cages used to be, am I better off to draw air in from the front of the case, or to exhaust case air through the rad?

Edit: and no, I'm not off to Rona because the rad uses M4 screws, and it came with enough to mount 2 fans! Straight to mockup I go!

Last edited by SugarJ; September 3, 2008 at 08:50 PM.