Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2008, 07:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
Great to see it is all installed!! Cant wait to see some temps!
Ok sir, temps aren't very great, I am kind of concerned and would like some help.

on stock the idle temp is around 35-37C and load goes till about 45-47C. I used Coretemp for the temps. Somethings I looked again, the fans on the radiator are actually blowing air towards the rad and not backwards, one question on that, Vortex I have the same Zalmans spin from 800-1800rpm, not does it spin full speed if connected straight to a molex (via 3 pin to 4 pin molex).

Maybe I can further do is, drain the loop and re-fill the liquid. Maybe I'll have to replace the rad do try it out, the one I'm using is an old one, and I think its taken a hit, I'll try and get some pics if possible. Currently its just a cpu only loop, so video card doesn't come in the question.

I'll also wait for the next HWC sale, if there is a cpu block on sale, a good one, I might pick it up, the Apogee GT I have, its a nice one, but frankly its also been sitting for ages before I had put it to use again.

Any other suggestions please ?
Old September 10, 2008, 09:11 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Stock idle temps are high. Fans are fine too, though I don't know about the fan speed; usually a straight connection means the fastest speed. No need to drain the liquid, but I would try a block re-mount. The GT is just fine: worst case remove it from the loop and open it up to clean the inside.
Old September 10, 2008, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Stock idle temps are high. Fans are fine too, though I don't know about the fan speed; usually a straight connection means the fastest speed. No need to drain the liquid, but I would try a block re-mount. The GT is just fine: worst case remove it from the loop and open it up to clean the inside.
Very good idea. Also I was deicind to bow my GT, where do I get the other round ring, there was no black round rings that came with the block. If I'm thinking wrong, what exactly is bowing then..
Old September 10, 2008, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Mine came with a thicker black ring it should have come with yours as well?
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old September 10, 2008, 10:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
Mine came with a thicker black ring it should have come with yours as well?
I'll recheck, but as far as I remember I didn't see any. Oh and I was one of the buyers who got their GT's in the Box, rather than a plastic clamshell.

I'll check when I get home.
Old September 10, 2008, 10:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

My Apogee GT came in a box too, and the o-ring was inside a plastic bag. Be ready to swear just a little, 'cause re-assembly of the block withthe larger o-ring is "interesting"...
Old September 10, 2008, 10:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
My Apogee GT came in a box too, and the o-ring was inside a plastic bag. Be ready to swear just a little, 'cause re-assembly of the block withthe larger o-ring is "interesting"...
I'll re-check, sorry its probably hard to remember for you. You know they are different zip lock bags, each labelled for different mounting hardware, and one with the barbs, do you remember which bag it was ?..

I hope I have it.
Old September 10, 2008, 10:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It was alone in its bag, with a sheet of paper showing the correct block orientation.
Old September 10, 2008, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Freeze o-ring as it makes it sticky and then put it on the block. Goes a lot easier, took me all of 5 minutes.

But yes I fought with the stupid thing too.