Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2008, 04:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Primochill Ghost Fittings

Just a heads up...

I don't know what happened, but it doesn't seem to make a good seal on my XSPC top anymore. It was leaking everywhere today. Even once I got the tubing off, the fitting itself was still nice and tight and I had to use pliers to remove it.

Anyways I rammed a 1/2" D-TEK barb into my 3/8" tubing and I'm using that on my pump now. Though it's rather unsafe since the tubing is only on the tip and not fully covering the entire barb however seeing how tight it is I doubt it'll be a problem. Least it's not leaking though.

Of course doing this made a mess of Feser all over the place, so now I got to let my PC dry out for a good 24 hours just to be safe.

Guess I'll be getting those Bitspower compression fittings I wanted...
Old August 8, 2008, 04:42 PM
MVP
F@H

Just a tip, using contact cleaner on your board and other components is a good way to get the Feser one off once it dries. That stuff tends to leave a pretty sticky residue on things it gets spilled on.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12
Old August 8, 2008, 09:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibs View Post
Just a tip, using contact cleaner on your board and other components is a good way to get the Feser one off once it dries. That stuff tends to leave a pretty sticky residue on things it gets spilled on.
Well I caught it pretty quickly so it didn't hit any PCB to my knowledge. Just got on my cables and fans. I'll be sure to check thoroughly though. Don't have any contact cleaner on had so isopropyl alcohol will have to do I hope.