Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2008, 10:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default TJ-07 dual loop help....

Hey guys.

I have been bitten by the upgrade bug and purchased a new TJ-07/GTX 280/HX-1000/EK Supreme/EK GTX FC block and need some advice/point in the right direction.

I have 2 DDC-2's with petra tops that have not given me any trouble in the year and a half I have had them, so I dont think I want to part with them, so those will be the pumps. The rads I have are where the trouble starts. I have a PA 120.2 and a HE 120.3. The HE 120.3 does not have direct fan mounts, so I have to use the shroud I have, but it all fits in the bottom except the radius the Primochill 1/2" black tubing I have is too tight to use the EK G3/8" Barbs coming straight off the rad.

So my next option would be to use a 90 on at least one of the rads, perhaps both . I cannot find anything on them on any of the retailers in Canada. Does anyone have any thoughts on this dilemma?

Second is my reseviors. I have cheapo MC-Res Micros, and want to go with EK Multi-option 250. As I dont think I have room for two, would it be a bad idea to go with one and combine loops to run off the same res?

I am starting to regret going back to 1/2" ID hose as I think this system will get too bulky inside. I have searched through quite a few TJ-07 builds here and dont seem to be finding the answers I seek. Perhaps thosewith TJ-07's can give a brother a helping handon getting this sucker finnished.

P.S. - this is a copy of my post on XS. I didnt want to leave you guys out ;)
Old August 3, 2008, 11:28 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

Quote:
Second is my reseviors. I have cheapo MC-Res Micros, and want to go with EK Multi-option 250. As I dont think I have room for two, would it be a bad idea to go with one and combine loops to run off the same res?
I believe it would be a bad idea because then the heat in the liquid from the first loop would blend with the other loop's liquid. I would advise that you keep the Swiftech MCRES-MICRO, hide it somewhere in the case and use it for one of the loops. If you want the EK Multi-Option 250 buy one and use it for the other loop. That way you have two loops. The EK Res can be mounted on the mobo tray btw.

Quote:
I am starting to regret going back to 1/2" ID hose as I think this system will get too bulky inside. I have searched through quite a few TJ-07 builds here and dont seem to be finding the answers I seek. Perhaps thosewith TJ-07's can give a brother a helping handon getting this sucker finnished.
Nope, sorry I don't own a TJ07. But I do know that many people still use 1/2" tubing for their TJ07 builds. So I personally would keep with the 1/2", it is my favorite size.

Quote:
So my next option would be to use a 90 on at least one of the rads, perhaps both . I cannot find anything on them on any of the retailers in Canada. Does anyone have any thoughts on this dilemma?
I'd help you solve this problem, but NCIX is down currently. I'll update on this soon, hopefully...
Old August 4, 2008, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

Buy your stuff from Petra's Tech...more selection than NCIX.
Old August 4, 2008, 10:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Bought lots off Petra, nothing as far as G3/8" BSPP 90 degree 1/2" barb fittings.

Looks like I will be getting two EK 250 Multioption res's from petra and god only knows where to get the fittings.

My other question is what/where are the really good cable sleeving kits. All I can find are junk ones locally and I dont want to order some and find out it is junk too. Need a referance from someone.

Old August 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Bought lots off Petra, nothing as far as G3/8" BSPP 90 degree 1/2" barb fittings.

Looks like I will be getting two EK 250 Multioption res's from petra and god only knows where to get the fittings.

My other question is what/where are the really good cable sleeving kits. All I can find are junk ones locally and I dont want to order some and find out it is junk too. Need a referance from someone.

For sleeving you want to be looking at Techflex. Sleeving kits are generally junk...much better to get the heatshrink and sleeve yourself as you can choose your colour and size. I recommend this site: Braided Sleeving, Expandable Sleeving, Wrap Around Sleeving or this one (where I get most of my audio sleeving from): https://www.solen.ca/pub/cms_nf_cata...lvbj0yJmZ0PW5m

Brendan
Old August 4, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sorry to go offtopic:

Does the shipping cost become more expensive, lets say ncix has a $25.00 ground shipping (trackable), how about Petra's.. I'd love to buy stuff from there, but shipping could be a big factor. Just like sidewinder and performance pc-s, have it for $26 somewhere around there but un trackable..
Old August 4, 2008, 01:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Sorry to go offtopic:

Does the shipping cost become more expensive, lets say ncix has a $25.00 ground shipping (trackable), how about Petra's.. I'd love to buy stuff from there, but shipping could be a big factor. Just like sidewinder and performance pc-s, have it for $26 somewhere around there but un trackable..

Petras rocks. Take my EK GTX 280 waterblock. Was something like $144 in Canada (but no-one had one) and Petra's was $122 US. Take the little bit of exchange and add shipping it was like $148 and they shipped UPS and stated it was a gift with a $0 declaration. Went and picked it up at Canada Post and there was no duties or anything to pay. Plus you get personal email from real people who care about your shipment. I deal with Aaron and he even requests you let him know you got the package so he can rest easy after.

Top notch and well worth the little extra effort.

I also think you can track UPS packages with Canada Post.

Damon

Last edited by turtletrax; August 4, 2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old August 4, 2008, 06:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Petras rocks. Take my EK GTX 280 waterblock. Was something like $144 in Canada (but no-one had one) and Petra's was $122 US. Take the little bit of exchange and add shipping it was like $148 and they shipped UPS and stated it was a gift with a $0 declaration. Went and picked it up at Canada Post and there was no duties or anything to pay. Plus you get personal email from real people who care about your shipment. I deal with Aaron and he even requests you let him know you got the package so he can rest easy after.

Top notch and well worth the little extra effort.

I also think you can track UPS packages with Canada Post.

Damon
You mean USPS. Don't make that mistake. UPS = Extremely high duty/customs and they wouldn't switch over to Canada Post after the border.

But yeah Petra's is great to deal with. I had the same kind of service from Aaron. I even kept changing my order on him daily so he had to keep making me a new quote. I would of felt bad if I ended up not ordering from him.
Old August 4, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

Lets say I spent about $55, and it was a 10lb box, shipping would be approx.. sorry I'm just trying to save myself a buck or two where I can, ncix is approx. about $15 for a 10lb box..

Thanks guys.. @turtle, I know you have plans for your setup, there is a wonderful worklog at overclock case mod who played with I believe the same case as you have, and it came out wonderful, I can't link coz' their site seems to be down, I will as soon as its up.

edit: Here is one of them.. TJ07 Case Mode
This one is a Lian Li case mode link, but they are pretty close to each other.. Lian Li V2000 Case Mod

Hope this helps.

Last edited by miggs78; August 4, 2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old August 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
You mean USPS. Don't make that mistake. UPS = Extremely high duty/customs and they wouldn't switch over to Canada Post after the border.

But yeah Petra's is great to deal with. I had the same kind of service from Aaron. I even kept changing my order on him daily so he had to keep making me a new quote. I would of felt bad if I ended up not ordering from him.
Doh, ya I meant USPS. I have had only one happening with UPS and it will be my last.

And ya Aaron is a helluva guy. I did the exact same thing to him and didnt even bat an eye. Well worth the shipping wait IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Lets say I spent about $55, and it was a 10lb box, shipping would be approx.. sorry I'm just trying to save myself a buck or two where I can, ncix is approx. about $15 for a 10lb box..

Thanks guys.. @turtle, I know you have plans for your setup, there is a wonderful worklog at overclock case mod who played with I believe the same case as you have, and it came out wonderful, I can't link coz' their site seems to be down, I will as soon as its up.

edit: Here is one of them.. TJ07 Case Mode
This one is a Lian Li case mode link, but they are pretty close to each other.. Lian Li V2000 Case Mod

Hope this helps.
Thanks m8. I plan to take my time with this build and do it right. I will not be upgrading for awhile (and by a while I mean Nehelem LOL), so I can take the time to look around and see what others have done.

I was leaning toward something like this

I dont think I have the time/will/resources to go balls out and do the hydrojet cutting and paint. I just want top notch watercooling and done correctly.