Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 4, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

No worries, forget about the painting, main intention was for you to see how he got his water cooling done, actually if you look on that website, you'll find dozens of good water cooling projects, and done perfectly..

Hopefully you find tips from those projects.
Old August 5, 2008, 09:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
No worries, forget about the painting, main intention was for you to see how he got his water cooling done, actually if you look on that website, you'll find dozens of good water cooling projects, and done perfectly..

Hopefully you find tips from those projects.
I think I have it all figured now and I have 20'+ of Primochill Black tubing so I can afford to try a couple of different configs. I have been watercooling for about 4 years now, but always cut corners in one fashion or another. Always made sure I had great temps, but never had a set-up I would call attractive. I am hoping to have the very best of both worlds this time round

I have so much on the go but I will so a build log once things slow down. I also have a guy that wants me to do an X-Fi Platinum opamp/cap mod, so I will be doing a tutorial on that soon too.

Thanks for the help fella's ;)

Last edited by turtletrax; August 5, 2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old August 6, 2008, 11:30 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
So my next option would be to use a 90 on at least one of the rads, perhaps both . I cannot find anything on them on any of the retailers in Canada. Does anyone have any thoughts on this dilemma?
Did you ever find any suitable threaded elbows?

These work but are a touch restrictive.

O-CuK :: Over-Clock UK Ltd - Barbs & Fittings for Watercooling - 3/8" BSP 1/2" Barb (Angled)

I ordered some not long ago and they arrived within a week.
Old August 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberspyder View Post
For sleeving you want to be looking at Techflex. Sleeving kits are generally junk...much better to get the heatshrink and sleeve yourself as you can choose your colour and size. I recommend this site: Braided Sleeving, Expandable Sleeving, Wrap Around Sleeving or this one (where I get most of my audio sleeving from): https://www.solen.ca/pub/cms_nf_cata...lvbj0yJmZ0PW5m

Brendan

or you can do what i do, wrap ducktape, electrical tape around the wires :P
Old August 9, 2008, 12:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_h View Post
Did you ever find any suitable threaded elbows?

These work but are a touch restrictive.

O-CuK :: Over-Clock UK Ltd - Barbs & Fittings for Watercooling - 3/8" BSP 1/2" Barb (Angled)

I ordered some not long ago and they arrived within a week.

I really hate plastic barbs, and I guess using the term hate is an understatement, but untill I find something else I have ordered a couple different options from Petra. Will keep looking for exactly the solution I need.

I also ordered a BigNG for my pump and fan controll/monitoring, becasue using DDC-2's can make a guy nervous if they are not monitored correctly and there is no way I am dumping 5 bills for RD-30's and it's not like I have the room in the TJ-07. I am actually getting pretty excited about this build :)
Old August 9, 2008, 01:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

Would this help.. Fitting Pair, Swiveling Elbow - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

You are looking for something 90 degree from the rad right?..

If it those fitting work, NCIX does stock em.. But if you go to home depot or some hardware store, I am pretty sure if I've seen metal barbs similar to those plastic barbs that andy linked. You should have a look, most of the time they have these plumbing supplies.

Last edited by miggs78; August 9, 2008 at 01:30 AM.
Old August 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Would this help.. Fitting Pair, Swiveling Elbow - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

You are looking for something 90 degree from the rad right?..

If it those fitting work, NCIX does stock em.. But if you go to home depot or some hardware store, I am pretty sure if I've seen metal barbs similar to those plastic barbs that andy linked. You should have a look, most of the time they have these plumbing supplies.

The problem with using Thremochill Rads is they use a 3/8" BSPP thread, which is a U.K. standard. It is nearly impossible to find any plated copper 90 degree barb or any other decent metal without ordering form the U.K.

While I like to spend money on my rig, I hate wasting money on it. There are a couple options from the states at Mcmaster Carr online, I really dont find them very esteticaly pleasing.
Old August 13, 2008, 04:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

SO i got my Silverstone 4in3 HD cage and my M-Cubed Big-NG, but I have to pick up the petra order at the Post Office. Should have the majority done this weekend or next.

I tried to pick up 5 Sanyo San Ace's from Petra but they ran out before my order was picked. I have a couple of options as far as getting more that I am looking into.

Should be a shweet rig.

Stuff from the Petra order...

2x Wire Sleeving Kit - Black
2x EK-RES250 Rev.2 Multi-Option Reservoir
4x 1-1/4" (Packs of 4) Black-Oxide Steel Thermochill/BIP/BIX Fan Screws (Pack
2x Danger Den Acetal FillPort
6x EK High-Flow Fitting (G 1/4" Thread, 1/2" OD)
1x Universal Molex Pin Remover
and a bunch of different G3/8" BSPP elbows for the Thermochill rads.

Will have pics tomorrow ;)

Last edited by turtletrax; August 13, 2008 at 05:03 PM.