Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   Is this a good WC setup? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/8955-good-wc-setup.html)

no_pulse July 30, 2008 07:35 AM

Is this a good WC setup?

I come across this WC setup on the sli forums and was wondering if it is a very good setup?

Danger*Den*::*Pumps*::...

Danger*Den*::*Water*Blocks...

Danger*Den*::*Water*Blocks...

Danger*Den*::*Tubing*&...

Danger*Den*::*Reservoirs*::...

Danger*Den*::*Tubing*&...

Danger*Den*::*Water...

Danger*Den*::*Radiators*::...

I don't know anything about WC. My next computer I'd like to try WC and was wondering if what is listed above is any good? I'm going to go out on a limb here and take it that WC hardware like Thermaltake's AquaBay M1 are not very good. Are there any really good "eye candy" components like the AquaBay M1 for WC?

3.0charlie July 30, 2008 07:49 AM

DD makes very good parts, but:

1. I would use a Swiftech rad, or a Thermochill if budget is not an issue.
2. Fuzion and Swiftech have the best blocks for the CPUs, and EK for the GPUs.
3. The Clearflex tubing is good, but I found that the Primochill is much better. Tygon is the top-of-the-line though.

CanadaRox July 31, 2008 01:28 PM

If you are planning on using high pressure fans (38mm thick fans) than the Black Ice GTX series is the best bet. If you want something that will be better with lower CFM fans, the Thermochill/Feser/Swiftech rads are great choices. For the GPU block I would get the EK over the DD as it will perform better. As well, the D-Tek V2 CPU block is currently #1. For a loop that has both a GPU and a CPU on it, I don't think a single 120mm rad will be enough. You should get ATLEAST a 2*120mm, a 3*120mm would be even better.

cyberspyder August 4, 2008 09:22 AM

I've been out of the loop for some time (ahaha get the pun?....nvm....) but Tygon is still the best choice for enthusiast. And Danger Den stuff is crap. Machining's horrible and the value just isn't there.

Brendan

JD August 4, 2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_pulse (Post 74248)
I don't know anything about WC. My next computer I'd like to try WC and was wondering if what is listed above is any good? I'm going to go out on a limb here and take it that WC hardware like Thermaltake's AquaBay M1 are not very good. Are there any really good "eye candy" components like the AquaBay M1 for WC?

If you want eye candy, look into Bitspower stuff. Basically all their parts look amazing.

Mibs August 4, 2008 10:13 AM

I wouldn't exactly call their stuff crap, but there are better products out there. I have a Maze 5 and I have great results with it.

no_pulse August 5, 2008 09:46 AM

What would be the best case for a water cooling setup, Especially if you are going to had a 3X 120mm rad? I've seen some forums where a lot of people like the Cosmos S and the Antec case.

SugarJ August 5, 2008 10:05 AM

Cosmos S, drool.

cyberspyder August 5, 2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_pulse (Post 76261)
What would be the best case for a water cooling setup, Especially if you are going to had a 3X 120mm rad? I've seen some forums where a lot of people like the Cosmos S and the Antec case.

Silverstone TJ-07, Cooler Master Stacker 810 (the older ones)

MpG August 5, 2008 03:57 PM

The Cosmos S, assuming you don't mind the price of admission, is a serious contender for watercooling. Aside from all the other nice stuff it has, the top three fan holes line up perfectly with Hardware Labs' and Swifttech's triple radiators, making for an easy internal installation.