Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2008, 09:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Does anyone in Canada have these?

Got a new GTX 280/power supply/case and am desperately looking for the EK fullcover block. Anyone seen one IN STOCK?

A thousand thank yous' if you get me a vendor in Canada

Damon
Old July 20, 2008, 10:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

Nope, if anywhere it would be at NCIX.
I ordered from EK directly once, asked them to declare a low value and a gift so i was not charged duties,fees or taxes :)
But the conversion from Euro to CAN$ is what bumps you on the head LoL.

OR

You can try Petras in the U.S. Ive ordered from them coutless times and have not got slapped with the extras, just ask Quoc or Alex to declare it as a gift and under $40.

Petra's Tech Shop

Old July 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ya, I figured I would be ordering from Petra. I shot them an email through thier international addy, but they have limited stock, so I hope they still have one when they get the email tomorrow. Sad thing is they do not have the ram cooler. Zero luck I tells ya.

I Guess I cannot complain, here isw hat my rig will be next weel or so,

DFI P35-T2R
2x2 GB Gskill 8000
Q6600 G0 (4Ghz capable)
Corsair HX 1000
XFX GTX 280
Xonar D2X
Raptor 150
Silverstone TJ-07
HE 120.3/PA 120.2, 2x DDC2 Petra topped, EK GTX 280 FC, EK Supreme, either 2x MC-Res MicororIwill splurge andget some EK multi-res's, Primochill Black 1/2 tubingall on EK barbs.
Old July 20, 2008, 11:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe you can go to the XS forums and PM the EK guy there? I think his name was Eddy.
Old July 20, 2008, 11:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ya Eddie Konig is his name and he does frequent XS. Problem there is turn around time from sending to receiving and exchange. He is from Eastern Europe.

If I cannot get it in North America, I will go with airclooing on the card for the time being.
Old July 20, 2008, 12:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Could also go with Danger Den. Least they are in America so ordering direct from them wouldn't be as bad as EK.

Another option would be the D-TEK FuZion GFX 2 + Unisink. Probably the easiest to find and cheaper.
Old July 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Die hard EK fan here, also a fan of fullcover blocks. Dont want to have a fan blowing on the unisink if I dont have to. Kinda like the looks of the D-TEK FuZion GFX 2, I just dont like the uni-sink.

I have the DangerDen 8800GTS block on my 320m in my HTPC, but it was such a free flowing block it kinda met my needs better (and I gota shmokin deal). I just find the the quality lacking compared to EK and only translates to a small savings and dont perform as well. Kinda funny since EK blocks come in from Europe.

I believe I will have to go with Petra (it is about 20 bux cheaper) so that should offset the cost of bringing it in.
Old July 21, 2008, 02:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

Yup EK Ftw! LoL. Love the quality and looks of their blocks.
Hmmm looks like you'll have to put it on hold and air cool for now turtle.

Haha i was in the same position as you with my 3870X2 block, and just ordered it straight from EK.
If you order only the backplate from EK, it wont be that bad will it?

Old July 21, 2008, 06:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I got the block ordered from Petra for about $148 shipped. So if I dont get pummeled in the arse by customs I should be A-OK.

I think it will be along time untill this build is finnished. While the TJ-07 is roomy, it is a task to get a HE 120.3 and a PA 120.2 internal as well as two res, and two pumps. Especially doing it with the quality I have in mind.

I will be doing a build log as well asa X-Fi hotrodding guide this month. Should be fun ;)
Old July 21, 2008, 06:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
I got the block ordered from Petra for about $148 shipped. So if I dont get pummeled in the arse by customs I should be A-OK.
I didn't have any customs to pay with the stuff I ordered from Petras. As long as its USPS shipping it should be good.