Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 14, 2008, 03:42 PM
Allstar

Default looking for tips in my watercooling projet

i have receive the 1st box of stuff from NCIX.

PA120.3
3 fan
rad box
Swiftech micro-res
10 ft of 7/16 tubing
MCP655 pump

im waiting for my d-tek CPU fuzion V2 and D-tek GPU V2

i have a thermaltake armor case and im looking for ppl that have watercooled thta case be4 to help me out finding the good spot for my watercooling projet

i dont want to do that quick and start to bench. i want to have a clean and nice looking watercooling projet, something to be proud of.

i have seen nikitos watercooled rig on the forums and i love how he have done it
Post your WaterCooled PC pics here thread

anyone could guide me in this build?

how tight can i bend the tubing? i had couple idea for the res and pump but i wasnt sure i f the tubing was bend to tight or not ....

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old July 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

You could always pickup some tube coils for those tight bends...

I know my 3/8"ID 5/8"OD PrimoFlex ProLRT bends really well. Didn't end up needing the tube coils that I bought.
Old July 14, 2008, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I went with a internal rad, mounted up in the front drive bays with my pa120.2 in a Tt Armour. Never have the room though with the 120.3 for internal.. The best bet is try to visualize where you want everything to go, if you cant come up with ideas, google image is your Friend. I'll snap a image of mine if you want tonight, just the cpu is cooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 14, 2008, 05:55 PM
Allstar

ok
i was thinking of going external with the rad box,

i have the HDD cage in the lower 3 bay infront of my Armor, i wanted to put the pump on top of the hdd cage.

i have no idea where to put the damn reservoir ....

it would be nice to have pics from your armor

what screw you need to fix the Fan on those damn PA120.3 rad?? the screw provide with the rad box are to small and the one provide with the rad itself are to small too .....
any idea?

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Last edited by ebdoradz; July 14, 2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old July 14, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I would just play around with your bits first. Hands on testing is best. Try assembling a few of the parts, measuring out, bending tubing etc, just to work out what will and wont work. That 7/`6th tubing is quite flexible and good to work with. You have to draw some diagrams with the basic layout too which you've probably done already. Res gos above the pump anyway and pump pushes into res. I guess you may have to shuffle some drives for the res. Worth posting some pics of the rig for advice too.

You've got some really nice stuff there so you will get some great performance

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old July 14, 2008, 06:35 PM
Allstar

heres some pics of my case

my 1st idea was to get a fillport and use it because it was less a PITA then the reservoir to hide and route tubing

i think i will go that way, any other input?? so far the onlyu component that i havent find where to place it that dman reservoir ?!?!?!?
Attached Images

Last edited by ebdoradz; July 14, 2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old July 14, 2008, 09:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

ebdoradz now that is one sexy Thermaltake Icage lol im suprised you changed the fan on it i found it to be well for cooling the hard drives and quiet i guess for moore airflow why not but i love the cage i had changed the fan on my Coolermaster cage with the Thermaltake fan cause the Thermaltake fan was cooler and quieter. Looking forward to your Worklog.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old July 15, 2008, 01:48 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I would consider mounting the reservoir to that rail that runs across the upper part of the case. If you have some slack in the tubing you might be able to pull the reservoir out (or tip it) enough for easy filling. I would consider removing that orange fan and running the tubes out the hole to the radiator.
Old July 15, 2008, 03:53 AM
MVP
F@H

You will need either #6 1/2" or #6 1-1/4" self-tapping screws for the fans. Trust me on this one, I spent way too much time messing around with screws. It ships with 1/2" ones, but you need a screwdriver with a neck thin enough to fit into the fan hole so you can then screw the fan to the rad using the other hole. Otherwise you will have to buy the longer ones. I bought a pack of each of the two screw lengths at the hardware store but they didn't bite as well as the ones that shipped with the rad. You can buy the 1-1/4" on NCIX but paying 2 bucks for 4 screws is madness! http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...re=Thermochill

Oh and as for use with the radbox, how thick are the walls on the radbox? I used a homemade solution for my radbox...so I didn't have to worry about that. But if you are using a push-pull config with your fans then I'm assuming the screw will have to go through the radbox, fan, then into the rad. So you will need something that is longer than 1-1/4", depending on how thick the wall of the radbox is. I'm guessing 1-1/2" but I have no idea how thick the radbox is. If you are mounting the rad directly to the radbox, then you will probably be able to use the 1/2" screws since I'm guessing the wall of the radbox is about the thickness of a 120mm fan. But be very careful, a screw that is too long can easily puncture the rad, so take some measurements first!

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12

Last edited by Mibs; July 15, 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old July 15, 2008, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
I would consider mounting the reservoir to that rail that runs across the upper part of the case. If you have some slack in the tubing you might be able to pull the reservoir out (or tip it) enough for easy filling. I would consider removing that orange fan and running the tubes out the hole to the radiator.
Thats exactly where I run mine, using the hardware suppled with the res to twist it when it needs a topup.

I use the screws Mibs linked to, what Icage is that? the one that came with the case? I have a spare aluminum icage, I bought another before I made the move to water, if you want it no charge you pay shipping. They are lighter and nicer looking.

Didn't get a chance to take a image lastnight and I am off to work right now but will do when I get home from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton