Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15, 2008, 06:05 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
ebdoradz now that is one sexy Thermaltake Icage lol im suprised you changed the fan on it i found it to be well for cooling the hard drives and quiet i guess for moore airflow why not but i love the cage i had changed the fan on my Coolermaster cage with the Thermaltake fan cause the Thermaltake fan was cooler and quieter. Looking forward to your Worklog.
i change the fan, because that siverstonetek fan can push 121 CFM @ 12V and running those @ 8V they are pushing more air then the thermaltake and i didnt like the blue led, im using 2 cold cathode UV instead of all led fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
I would consider mounting the reservoir to that rail that runs across the upper part of the case. If you have some slack in the tubing you might be able to pull the reservoir out (or tip it) enough for easy filling. I would consider removing that orange fan and running the tubes out the hole to the radiator.
orange fan will be remove and i will tri to route my tubing by the hole. but i might hav to cut a few thing because one of the barb of the thermochill is not point into the hole directly.

ok for screws i have bought 2 set of the thermochill screw Mibs link us too. but cheez the screw are to small. they are slack in my PA120.3 fan hole WTH????!?!??!?!

anyone ever experiment this??? i will try to mesure the hole and see how big it is.... but its damn frustrating

for the reservoir, mounting the reservoir on the rail might be a good idea, waiting for your pics Supergroover

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old July 15, 2008, 06:54 AM
MVP
F@H

They are slack in the hole because they need the fan to bite into. I thought the same thing but trust me once you put the fan on there and put the screw down into the hole in the rad it won't be slack anymore. If you have any other questions about the screws don't hesitate to PM me, I went through a whole bunch of different screws and methods for mounting my PA 120.2.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12
Old July 15, 2008, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Heres a quick shot of the res, it twists to top off (which I need to do ) it can be mounted farther forward in the case and with the barbs facing the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton

Last edited by Supergrover; February 8, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old July 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
Allstar

thanx supergroover for the pics. but can you provide a pics with the side panel on?? i would like to see the look of it when ppl will look at it

i will be out of town for the next week, im going at Raglan Mine in northen quebec, for work.

i will take this projet back when i get back from there next Wednesday

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old July 16, 2008, 05:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebdoradz View Post
thanx supergroover for the pics. but can you provide a pics with the side panel on?? i would like to see the look of it when ppl will look at it

i will be out of town for the next week, im going at Raglan Mine in northen quebec, for work.

i will take this projet back when i get back from there next Wednesday
Will do tonight, you see the res through the window, but thats what I wanted from where I sit I can look down a make sure I have flow. But it would be very easy to slide it forward and up using the res's bracket, hiding it behind the solid "Y" in the door. you'll see what I mean in the image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 16, 2008, 05:48 AM
Allstar

thank you ;)

Old July 21, 2008, 07:20 AM
Allstar

im in the process to pass my 2nd order for my watercooling stuff

beside the UV dye do i need anything else if im using distilied water???

i was planing to put the reservoir + 90 elbow + 90 elbow to get to the pump inlet does it will kill my flow?? or i should buy smart coil instead (im trying to put the pump and the reservoir int he same 5 bay and i thing the tubing wont support that bend without kinking.

i will order my v2 gpu fuzion, and heatsink for my vga ram + anything else needed.

so should i order 2 90 elbow too??? smart coil???

Old July 21, 2008, 07:42 AM
F@H

My System Specs

You might want to try going to a plumbing store and buying a copper 90 as they apparently have less restriction. You could also try using 2 45 ones instead to also improve flow.

If you had went with the MCP350/355 you could of bought a restop which would of made life easier...
Old July 21, 2008, 07:53 AM
Allstar

yeah im also looking the option of a fillport with would avoid me to hide and route the tubing to the reservoir ....

but i would have bought a reservoir for nuthing ..... its also easyer to bleed your loop with a res (i have heard that since its my 1st watercooling setup)

i could check with the local hardware store to see if they have 90 elbows but i wanted to do the cleanest job posssible so i dont know how this will look ....

i have made a little skecth of it, do you think it will be a to tight bend for 7/16 tubing??
Attached Images

Old July 21, 2008, 08:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Looking at SuperGrover's first pic on the top of the page it looks like the top tube on the reservoir makes about a two inch bend radius curve. If you give it some slack and let the tube bow out a bit I guess it would be fine.
Attached Images