Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 13, 2008, 05:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex
Johns got it. I will be using 7/16" tubing on 1/2" barbs, Even TRYING to pull them off and they wont budge....you would need to cut them off....so there is VERY little chance of leaking. Dont worry, I will go over the system with a fine toothed comb....
for installing tubing use a pot of warm/hot water to dip ends in it than push hose on barb.

ever see fluid run upwards unless its pumped!

i drain mine by placing case between 2 chairs with MB bottom side facing ceiling and pull lowest connection into 5gal plastic pail,

Last edited by KaptCrunch; July 13, 2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old July 13, 2008, 05:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you are going that far it might just be easier during drain to mount a fill/drain port or something upside down in the bottom of the case(with a valve in the line between the port and the T you have it connected to) and then just sit the case upright over a bucket in the kitchen sink. Would save you from flipping a heavy case around.
Old July 13, 2008, 05:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

Well that was my thought on the drain as well ! But then again more poss. for leaks they say .
i was just curious how capt was gonna ship a system filled with out any leaks while going from vancouver to New Bruinswick :)
But i trust him :)
Old July 13, 2008, 05:45 AM
MVP

thats what I did. Added this line as a drain and also as a fill port. I didnt use the 7/16" hose that is in the rest of the loop, I bought 1/2" thin walled tubimg from the hardware store. I can easly pull the hose through the rubber gormet and drain the system in a bucket. In theory it sounds good, but I have yet to test it!!!
i2600k sandy bridge @ 3.4ghz/ 2x 8800 GTX KO ACS3 PCI-E 630MHZ 768MB 2.0GHZ SLI'd / Raptor 74GB / Antec 1200 Hundred Gaming Case / G.Skill Ripjaws ddr3 1600 cl 8-8-8-24 - 8gigs / evga z68 SLI MOBO / Samsung DVD+RW / Corsair ax850 PSU / 24" Samsung CinkMaster

Cooling:
Swiftech Dual rad
Swiftech Single rad
Swiftech Micro Res
Swiftech Apogee GT Cpu block
Feser One Red Fluid
Old July 13, 2008, 06:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBane
Well that was my thought on the drain as well ! But then again more poss. for leaks they say .
i was just curious how capt was gonna ship a system filled with out any leaks while going from vancouver to New Bruinswick :)
But i trust him :)
Travel / Ship by land or air?

if by air, you better empty system for plane storge compartments fall below freezing point while in flight
Old July 13, 2008, 07:58 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Travel / Ship by land or air?

if by air, you better empty system for plane storge compartments fall below freezing point while in flight
Wrong - all baggage bays onboard aircraft are Class C or E, with air management. That goes for all cargo aircraft too, for the likes of FedEx and UPS.

Anyway. I would leak check, then empty the loop before shipping, since you never know how the carrier will stow the box in the cargo hold: the case could be upside down - and I don't trust the cap lid of the Micro-res.

Once received, it's only a matter of filling and bleeding the air. With proper instructions, it's rather easy to do.
Old July 13, 2008, 08:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

Yea john i don't see a problem at all in paul shipping it empty and me filling and purging the air! i could probbly install all the water cooling but there again no time for a build ! plus i am a noob lol
Old July 13, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I always build my loops with enough tubing to remove the res from the case, lowering it to the lowest point possible, opening the fill cap and flipping the res over. Works like a charm.
Ditto

(Waits for worklog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 13, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

THE AIR CARGO ENVIRONMENT HAZARDS
In The Aircraft
Acceleration/Deceleration-Fore-and-aft pressures are exerted on cargo during takeoff and landing. Compression forces are exerted during rough landings.
Turbulence-Rough or "bumpy" flight conditions subject cargo to rapid alternating vertical movements, imposing heavier pressure one moment, and almost weightless conditions the next.
Altitude-As altitude increases, atmospheric pressure decreases, subjecting liquid cargo to leakage hazards and pressurized cargo to increased internal pressure.
Temperature- Aircraft cargo compartment temperatures normally range between 30F and 70F (-1C and 21C). However, cargo aboard an aircraft parked in freezing or very hot weather will be subjected to unusual cold or heat conditions.
Cargo Compartments - The main cargo compartments of air freighters are normally well equipped for adequate stowage. Passenger aircraft belly compartments, however, are often loaded with limited cargo restraint equipment permit-ting the possibility of movement during flight and inviting damage from adjacent cargo.
Old July 13, 2008, 09:10 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Those are totally normal conditions. Nothing to be afraid of to ship a rig. Like I said, don't fill it up 'cause you don't know which way the load handlers will stow it.