Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think the FuZion v1 should be placed in the #3 spot. AKAIK it performs better than the Apogee GT. Not sure if that's a new DD block or not, but I know one of them really sucked on quad cores.

For the radiator sections, are you going to add recommended fan speeds? Also maybe flow rates/drop?

Is it possible to also add in some DDC pump tops like Petra's and XSPC's.

And out of personal preference, I'd ditch the Comic Sans font...
Old July 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

For the longest time, the stock Fuzion CPU block and the bowed Apogee GTX were basically neck-and-neck, depending on the alignment of the stars and other such things. The Fuzion seemed to be a lot more consistent, and once the nozzle/bowing kit came out, it pulled ahead. But even against the best of the newcomers, it's still a phenomenal block. That said, it's bloody hard to find for sale anymore, since most retailers have pushed their stock out and replaced it with the V2.

I wasn't aware that there were any issues with running the FuZion GFX blocks on SLI/Xfire setups. You still need the second slot, but beyond that, there shouldn't be any issues.

Also, since the guide is intended for newcomers to the sport, you might assuming a little bit of familiarity on their part. Phrases like "Do I really need to explain this block?" aren't necessarily rhetorical in this situation, remember.

Old July 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

Ya I guess so... Time to start fixing.
Old July 8, 2008, 05:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

Descent looking guide so far, but good points raised by jdrom and mpg.

Freak, daamn where's ma spanking stick ..

Just playing ya, good luck man..
Old July 8, 2008, 05:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
For the longest time, the stock Fuzion CPU block and the bowed Apogee GTX were basically neck-and-neck, depending on the alignment of the stars and other such things. The Fuzion seemed to be a lot more consistent, and once the nozzle/bowing kit came out, it pulled ahead. But even against the best of the newcomers, it's still a phenomenal block. That said, it's bloody hard to find for sale anymore, since most retailers have pushed their stock out and replaced it with the V2.

I wasn't aware that there were any issues with running the FuZion GFX blocks on SLI/Xfire setups. You still need the second slot, but beyond that, there shouldn't be any issues.

Also, since the guide is intended for newcomers to the sport, you might assuming a little bit of familiarity on their part. Phrases like "Do I really need to explain this block?" aren't necessarily rhetorical in this situation, remember.

For anyone interested in a Fuzion v1 CPU block, don't forget to have a look through the for Sale thread. There are a couple of them up for sale there .
Old July 11, 2008, 11:49 PM
Rookie

can you please add Swiftech Apogee GTX to the list? and what little parts do we need? like the barbs or converters , coolant , how to make blue colored tubes/liquid . Thanks i am very noob to Watercooling and trying to build one hehe
Old July 12, 2008, 01:32 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

The reason I do not recommend the Apogee GTX is because the GTX has aluminum as it's base. Aluminum+Copper= Corrosion

As the guide progresses I hope to add the basic parts. But for now I'm working on the main components.
Old July 12, 2008, 07:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yes-great idea. I'll be happy to chip in with my limited experience. Glad to see others doing so. Looking good so far-didn't even know about the EK cpu block. So far I like the Apogee GT apart from its slightly naff mounting kit - would have liked to have seen spring tensioned screws and less area on the plate. Also why not factory ship the GT bowed if it makes that much difference. BTW the MCR220 integrated is a bugger to get the air bubbles out but performs well enough with a clean look.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old July 12, 2008, 07:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
As many have said 7/16 tubing on 1/2 barbs is king but god dam even this time around doing the loop it was a B***h to put the tubing on the pump i even super heated the tubing i had to ask my dad to put it on it took him awhile the metal barbs on the other hand went on like a piece of cake.
Its not that bad just twist it on with the end of the tube right in your fist. As you said you got to heat it though.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old July 12, 2008, 09:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoon60 View Post
can you please add Swiftech Apogee GTX to the list? and what little parts do we need? like the barbs or converters , coolant , how to make blue colored tubes/liquid . Thanks i am very noob to Watercooling and trying to build one hehe
Couple ways to get colour in your loop:
A) Coloured tubing
B) Pre-mixed coolant which comes in various colours. I recommend Feser One.
C) Dye which you add to distilled water to provide the wanted colour.

The easiest and most changeable option is B however the colours aren't always perfect and same goes for dye. They can sometimes be too light or black may look purple etc. To get the truest colour I think coloured tubing is the way to go.

And as was mentioned, the Apogee GTX has a plated aluminum top which in theory shouldn't cause corrosion issues however the plating wears off/scratches easily and thus causing issues. They do sell a copper top however that makes the block extremely expensive. The D-TEK FuZion out performs it anyways for the same/less money. Swiftech is coming out with the Apogee GTZ which looks rather nice.