Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   new to water cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/8099-new-water-cooling.html)

jay51 June 22, 2008 12:26 PM

new to water cooling
 
i decided to try a WC kit,i been looking at 2

1. Swiftech H20-220 Compact 3/8IN Dual 120MM CPU Liquid Cooling Kit $179.00

2.
Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Kit $229.99 on sale for $179.99

i was going to use vortex technique but mc220 w res are sold out..
if i use kit 2 wiil i need any kind of adapter to hold cpu block on.. asus M2N-E and x2 5000+ BE

thank you

magictorch June 22, 2008 12:48 PM

No the apogee GT block comes with a retention plate. Given that the DTEK fusion V2 is on sale in the member specials plus you can price match the other components with DC you could build as similar setup with a better cpu block. 179 for the 2nd kit is a great deal though!!!

jay51 June 22, 2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magictorch (Post 63547)
No the apogee GT block comes with a retention plate. Given that the DTEK fusion V2 is on sale in the member specials plus you can price match the other components with DC you could build as similar setup with a better cpu block. 179 for the 2nd kit is a great deal though!!!

DC Seems to be out of stock on most items, i'll take a better look..

thank you

jay51 June 22, 2008 01:46 PM

how does this look in comparison to the kit 2 only $189.40

1 -D-TEK Customs Fuzion V2 CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN Barbs $49.99
1 -
D-TEK Customs DB-1 12V Micro Silent Water Cooling Pump 1/2" G1/4 Barb Fittings $37.99
1-Swiftech MCB-120 Radbox Revision 2 Black $19.99
1 -
Swiftech 7/16IN ID Vinyl Tubing 10 Feet $9.47
1-
Swiftech Hydrx Water Additive Coolant 2 oz Bottle $1.99
1-
Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded $44.99
1-D-TEK Customs 1/2IN G1/4 Chrome High Flow Barb Fittings (Pair) $4.99
1-
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings $19.99

am i missing anything or have items i don't need?

TIA

3.0charlie June 22, 2008 02:38 PM

The pump you chose is not as good as the MCP-655. Still it's a good pump - I have both. But the Fuzion V2 is definitely better than the Apogee GT. You're missing a second pair of metal barbs, for the micro-res (if you wish). You have only one pair for the rad.

JD June 22, 2008 02:41 PM

Make sure you use Price Canada to price match all those items. It'll end up being even less. Not sure if you already have fans or not, but Yate Loons are a cheap and quiet way to go.

jay51 June 22, 2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 63562)
The pump you chose is not as good as the MCP-655. Still it's a good pump - I have both. But the Fuzion V2 is definitely better than the Apogee GT. You're missing a second pair of metal barbs, for the micro-res (if you wish). You have only one pair for the rad.

so the pump i chose should be ok for now,?
im only going to cool my cpu with it.

or should i start with kit 2 and upgrade the cpu block later ,will the Apogee GT work as a good 1st block for newb like me?

thank you

3.0charlie June 22, 2008 02:56 PM

Yes, for both questions. They are 2 very good kits. You won't be disappointed by either.

jay51 June 22, 2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrom17 (Post 63563)
Make sure you use Price Canada to price match all those items. It'll end up being even less. Not sure if you already have fans or not, but Yate Loons are a cheap and quiet way to go.

i do have fans,but if i can find cheaper than 189.00 ill grab some new fans too..

hmm price match you say

thank you

jay51 June 22, 2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 63567)
Yes, for both questions. They are 2 very good kits. You won't be disappointed by either.


:biggrin::biggrin: thank you


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:03 PM.