Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default How does my cart look?

How does my cart look? I want new water cooling from scratch, DVD drive, a new case, and a couple of fans. EDIT: New Cart

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs
Coolermaster CM 690 Mid Tower Black ATX Case 5X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS Front USB Sound Firewire & eSATA

Tygon R-3603 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing 5 Feet

D-TEK Customs UNI-SINK Heatsink for Use with 8800GTX & 8800 Ultra Water Blocks

Feser One Fluid UV Black NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement for Liquid Cooling

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Clear HI-FLOW Water Cooling Reservoir 3/8IN & 1/2IN Barb Fittings

Scythe Mini Kaze HTPC Silent Mini Fan 40MM 3500RPM 4.1CFM 14DBA 2 Pin W/ 3 Pin Adaptor

Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120MM Fan 1200RPM 68.5CFM 24DBA

Sunbeam 4 Port Rheobus Fan Controller Kit Black

Logisys CLK12GN2 12 inches Dual UV Cold Cathode Kit Dia 3.0MM 300MM 28,000 CD/M2

Mod Smart PCI Power Bracket - Provides 2X 4-PIN Molex and 2X 3-PIN Fan External
Power Connectors

G G-H20L-S10 Black DVD+RW 20X8X16 DVD-RW 20X6X16 Lightscribe INT SATA DVD Writer OEM

Cable Ties 6" (100PCS)

D-TEK Customs Fuzion V2 CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN Barbs

Swiftech MCW60-R GPU Water Block for Most NVIDIA & ATI Video Cards 1/2 & 3/8 & 1/4 Barb Fittings

Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

Pts Petra 3IN X 3IN GEL-STUFF for Pump Mounting Vibration Absorption Block

Last edited by Infiniti; June 9, 2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: New Cart with Changes
Old June 9, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Looking pretty good, I'd say. Unless you're extremely tight on clearance, you might look at the Swiftech MCR220 radiator instead, which is generally considered to be a better rad at the kind of fan speeds you'll be using.

Also worth considering is either a gel mounting pad or a few layers of foam for mounting that pump, to isolate the vibrations from the case. Depending on how you have it mounted, the D5 pumps can be a little bad for that, and the little sliver of foam that's included isn't always up to the task.
Old June 9, 2008, 08:44 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

Let me ask you a question. Would you pay $20 for about 5 or more degrees in decreased temp in CPU temperature? If you would, get a D-Tek FuZion V2. Oh ya, if your GPU cooler is in the same loop as the CPU, I would advise that you get a Swiftech MCW60. There's only a 1 degree difference, and the MCW60 won't dump as much heat into the rest of your loop.

For a rad I would not consider a Stealth, the Swiftech MCR220 is better, yet cheaper by a few dollars. Tubing wise I would go with some Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT(make sure you buy that, not some Clearflex60 ) The Primoflex has a better bending radius and also has more value, as your not going anywhere with 5 feet of tubing. Make sure that D-Tek Uni-Sink fits your card, just like to confirm that with you.

Not much else to add, except that for fans I would advise some Yate Loons. Also get a Pioneer DVD Burner.
Old June 9, 2008, 08:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakgeek1337 View Post
Let me ask you a question. Would you pay $20 for about 5 or more degrees in decreased temp in CPU temperature? If you would, get a D-Tek FuZion V2. Oh ya, if your GPU cooler is in the same loop as the CPU, I would advise that you get a Swiftech MCW60. There's only a 1 degree difference, and the MCW60 won't dump as much heat into the rest of your loop.

For a rad I would not consider a Stealth, the Swiftech MCR220 is better, yet cheaper by a few dollars. Tubing wise I would go with some Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT(make sure you buy that, not some Clearflex60 ) The Primoflex has a better bending radius and also has more value, as your not going anywhere with 5 feet of tubing. Make sure that D-Tek Uni-Sink fits your card, just like to confirm that with you.

Not much else to add, except that for fans I would advise some Yate Loons. Also get a Pioneer DVD Burner.
Okay.. Thanks for your opinion.. I'm not buying clearflex.. previous experiences told me that I should go for tygon, which is apparently the most flexible tubing you can buy. If I get some Yate Loon fans, which one would you recommend? I would like to stay with LG DVD burner.. Just because of Lightscribe..
Old June 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

What Yate Loon to get depends on the orientation you plan on having the fans. If they are going to be horizontal (blowing up or down), you should get this fan:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...re=Yate%20Loon

If you're going to have the fans vertical, get this one instead:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...re=Yate%20Loon

The difference is ball vs sleeve bearing. Doing it the other way will reduce the life span of the fan slightly, but not a huge amount.

If you want a fan that gives more pressure like the Yates, want it a bit quieter or a bit more airflow and don't mind spending the extra money for them, I'd recommend one of these (first one is quieter than the Yates with the same airflow, the second is similar noise level, with more airflow).
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...facture=Scythe
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...facture=Scythe
Old June 9, 2008, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

Link to Primoflex flexibility at the bottom. For Yate Loons I would get any of them really since you have a fan controller. But if I had to choose I would get the D12SL-12, if you don't want LEDs that is. You might regret buying the LG... I warn you now. Oh well.

http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&msg_id=1688818&threadid= 1688818&forum=100&product_id=21328&msgcount=38&ove rclockid=0#msg1688818
Old June 10, 2008, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Noctua Nf-p12s all the way silent as hell im running 4 and for a grand total of 60 bucks for the 4 fans 2 i got on sale for $11.99 it was abosolutely worth it!!
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old June 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Get 10 feet of tubing at least, 5 feet should be enough, but believe me, trouble can happen. There is nothing worse than waiting another week for the tubing to come home because you made a mistake.

In the same line of thinking, I always like having enough coolant around to fill my loop another time. Personnaly, I use distillated water with additive, but this is more a personnal choice.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old June 10, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
Get 10 feet of tubing at least, 5 feet should be enough, but believe me, trouble can happen. There is nothing worse than waiting another week for the tubing to come home because you made a mistake.

In the same line of thinking, I always like having enough coolant around to fill my loop another time. Personnaly, I use distillated water with additive, but this is more a personnal choice.
Trust me.. I know what its like having not enough tubing.. Thats why I'm getting 20ft.. And for the coolant, I'm getting two bottles of that stuff as I sometimes will either have not enough, or want to change my coolant.
Old June 11, 2008, 12:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've changed my mind. I'm not going to have a fan controller.. What I am going to do, since I want silence with this, is use these fans for my rads (2 mcr220s) and these fans in my case.