Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2008, 12:09 PM
Top Prospect

Default clear vs black tube: how do people bleed their systems?

If you have clear tubing you can see the bubbles in your system, so you know how to bleed it. I've seen some people with black tubing in their watercooling system; no, not black fluid, blake TUBING. So.. how do these people manage to successfully bleed their loop(s)?
Old June 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

A WC system will eventually bleed the air out of the system over time. Without being able to see if there is any air in the tubes the pump will have an occasional fit when bubbles are passed through it.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 9, 2008, 09:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

If you turn your pump on for a few seconds, and then back off, the bubbles will slowly work their way to the reservoir/t-line. Once all the large bubbles are done (or at least most of them), the system can just be run normally, and the bubbles will slowly work themselves out of the loop.
Old June 9, 2008, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaRox View Post
If you turn your pump on for a few seconds, and then back off, the bubbles will slowly work their way to the reservoir/t-line. Once all the large bubbles are done (or at least most of them), the system can just be run normally, and the bubbles will slowly work themselves out of the loop.

I run a res so it's quicker than a T but I also like to give everything a little tap and nudge gets most of the bigger bubbles out right there. Dont start reefing on things though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 10, 2008, 01:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i just recently finished my loop clear tubing i had a toon of air bubbles honestly like others have said just run the pump for a few seconds 2 seconds at a time i did it 8 times till i could top of sum more liquid i had the pump hooked up to another ocmputer i did that for 6 hours or soo and then i just booted up the computer and primed for like 8 hours on an off and the bubbles slowly disappeared now i can onlly seee clear liquid cant even see it floow lol
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old June 10, 2008, 09:26 AM
MVP
F@H

I do as above, I also like to pick up the case (holding the funnel attached to the T-line in my mouth so it stays upright), and shake it all around, making sure to tilt it to many different angles. Doing this works the bubbles up (remember bubbles will always flow UP).

I wouldn't get black tubing, the black fluid in clear tubing has a similar look, I think it looks better, and allows you to bleed it properly. If you do though, just go by the sound. When you finally get the last bubbles out, the pump goes magically quiet, thats when you know you're done. Leave lots of extra in the res though, as it will likely suck up some more water as the last tiny bubbles work their way out.

On another note... have you guys ever seen those cool air bubble tornados that form inside your tubing while bleeding? so cool!
VIDEO: 3 x Visiontek HD3870
Old June 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinister View Post
On another note... have you guys ever seen those cool air bubble tornados that form inside your tubing while bleeding? so cool!
Your CPU sure doesn't think they are cool . But I do get mesmerized by the bubbles flying around, so maybe black tubing would be better for me.
Old June 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
lol you guys are so laid-back, thats why i like posting here
Old June 10, 2008, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Mountain mods case

I got a mountain mods case and a T-Line... Problem is that I cant move the case around, too big, so I let it run a looooong time and the bubles finish by going out. Last time it took almost 16 hours of non stop running .
Black tubing would be a nightmare for me, not knowing when to stop the bleeeding.

Next loop or next time I take my loop apart I will go for a reservoir, maybe bleeding will be less of a pain.

and for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinister
Maybe I'll try drinking beer next time I bleed my loop and so I can enjoy the cool tornados too.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old June 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
(holding the funnel attached to the T-line in my mouth so it stays upright)
Wow vinister, you're hardcore into watercooling now. You installed a T-line in your mouth?!!?