Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   clear vs black tube: how do people bleed their systems? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/7871-clear-vs-black-tube-how-do-people-bleed-their-systems.html)

elninio June 9, 2008 12:09 PM

clear vs black tube: how do people bleed their systems?

If you have clear tubing you can see the bubbles in your system, so you know how to bleed it. I've seen some people with black tubing in their watercooling system; no, not black fluid, blake TUBING. So.. how do these people manage to successfully bleed their loop(s)?

sswilson June 9, 2008 12:21 PM

A WC system will eventually bleed the air out of the system over time. Without being able to see if there is any air in the tubes the pump will have an occasional fit when bubbles are passed through it.

CanadaRox June 9, 2008 09:47 PM

If you turn your pump on for a few seconds, and then back off, the bubbles will slowly work their way to the reservoir/t-line. Once all the large bubbles are done (or at least most of them), the system can just be run normally, and the bubbles will slowly work themselves out of the loop.

Supergrover June 9, 2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaRox (Post 61508)
If you turn your pump on for a few seconds, and then back off, the bubbles will slowly work their way to the reservoir/t-line. Once all the large bubbles are done (or at least most of them), the system can just be run normally, and the bubbles will slowly work themselves out of the loop.

:thumb:
I run a res so it's quicker than a T but I also like to give everything a little tap and nudge gets most of the bigger bubbles out right there. Dont start reefing on things though.:whistle:

Dashock June 10, 2008 01:24 AM

i just recently finished my loop clear tubing i had a toon of air bubbles honestly like others have said just run the pump for a few seconds 2 seconds at a time i did it 8 times till i could top of sum more liquid i had the pump hooked up to another ocmputer i did that for 6 hours or soo and then i just booted up the computer and primed for like 8 hours on an off and the bubbles slowly disappeared now i can onlly seee clear liquid cant even see it floow lol

vinister June 10, 2008 09:26 AM

I do as above, I also like to pick up the case (holding the funnel attached to the T-line in my mouth so it stays upright), and shake it all around, making sure to tilt it to many different angles. Doing this works the bubbles up (remember bubbles will always flow UP).

I wouldn't get black tubing, the black fluid in clear tubing has a similar look, I think it looks better, and allows you to bleed it properly. If you do though, just go by the sound. When you finally get the last bubbles out, the pump goes magically quiet, thats when you know you're done. Leave lots of extra in the res though, as it will likely suck up some more water as the last tiny bubbles work their way out.

On another note... have you guys ever seen those cool air bubble tornados that form inside your tubing while bleeding? so cool!

CanadaRox June 10, 2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinister (Post 61535)
On another note... have you guys ever seen those cool air bubble tornados that form inside your tubing while bleeding? so cool!

Your CPU sure doesn't think they are cool :bleh:. But I do get mesmerized by the bubbles flying around, so maybe black tubing would be better for me.

elninio June 10, 2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

lol you guys are so laid-back, thats why i like posting here:haha:

matsta31 June 10, 2008 02:19 PM

Mountain mods case

I got a mountain mods case and a T-Line... Problem is that I cant move the case around, too big, so I let it run a looooong time and the bubles finish by going out. Last time it took almost 16 hours of non stop running :censored:.
Black tubing would be a nightmare for me, not knowing when to stop the bleeeding.

Next loop or next time I take my loop apart I will go for a reservoir, maybe bleeding will be less of a pain.

and for :
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinister http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...s/viewpost.gif
Maybe I'll try drinking beer next time I bleed my loop and so I can enjoy the cool tornados too.

SugarJ June 10, 2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

(holding the funnel attached to the T-line in my mouth so it stays upright)

Wow vinister, you're hardcore into watercooling now. You installed a T-line in your mouth?!!?:rofl: