Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2008, 10:59 AM
Top Prospect

Default all possible watercooling mods

I bought a GTX360 and now I'm feeling like a machoman, so far I've made a T-Line with build in temp probe (when you cap the T-line the temp probe slides perfectly to the bottom, and aligns itself giving least ammount of restriction). So now I seek thy advice oh fountain of infinite (modding) knowledge! What watercooling mods have you guys seen floating around the web? I'm going to try to implement as many as possible.

Also, do you think having the temp probe in the water may cause it some damage over time? I guess it depends what additives are added to the coolant. Which ones may be corrosive? It is the type you would find with hardcano temp monitoring system, t-line, t-line + flow meter, viking case. (all from thermaltake). Mine came with the viking case, in case you probably wondered why I bought a t-line to make another t-line.
Old June 9, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

If the temperature probe is designed for taking liquid temps, there shouldn't be any long-term problems with it. Just make sure that the seal around the probe isn't leaking, and you're golden. As far as additives are concerned, there are no commonly used water-cooling additives that are corrosive to the materials commonly found in the average watercooling system. As long as none of your components are aluminum, corrosion should be a non-issue.

As far as mods go, your best bet is to look through a few watercooled case galleries and see what kind of inspiration come to mind. Depending on what you're looking for, be it performance, looks, or just general uniqueness, there are all kinds of options available. No two systems are the same, which is one of the appeals to watercooling in the first place.