Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 5, 2017, 06:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Almost ten years, and Aquacomputer software still sucks terribly

Just went to go into Aquasuite to update my curve and said my software was old and that an update was required. Against my better judgement I went ahead and updated. After new install it tells my my firmware is to old to communicate with the software and to update firmware. Fully expecting issues, I got them. Software hung mid firmware update and bricked the bastard.

Now I have to tear my machine down to put it in recovery mode and try to delete the firmware. It is just as much shit software as it was 10 years ago.

Nice kit, but they really need help with their coding....

Old January 6, 2017, 07:13 AM
Top Prospect

Damn, I'm glad I declined to update mine! Even though I only use it for my Farbwerk RGB controller. Their fan controllers are over the top expensive, and not worth it IMO.
Old January 6, 2017, 03:47 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I only use the software if i have to.

I have gotten really good at configuring my Aquaris XT through the front panel only.
Old January 8, 2017, 10:42 AM

My System Specs

Similar experiences with the precursor to the Aquaero, mCubed T-Balancer. Software is beyond rubbish. Once I setup the fan curves, never ever used software again. Don't even hook up the USB cable. Over 2 years without using the software now.
Old January 8, 2017, 11:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Similar experiences with the precursor to the Aquaero, mCubed T-Balancer. Software is beyond rubbish. Once I setup the fan curves, never ever used software again. Don't even hook up the USB cable. Over 2 years without using the software now.

Have one of those too! It was terrible software wasn't it.

With the aquaero, I assumed (incorrectly) that it had to be better than alpha software after 10years. Nope...
Old April 21, 2017, 06:44 PM
Rookie

Question

Is there anything else which will do the same kind of job as the AQUA 7XT/7PRO?

I would like pump speed and fan speed integrated (for the hell of it). Or would i be better off using manually set pumps and fan controllers with separate temperature and flow sensors?
Old April 21, 2017, 07:21 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridilen View Post
Is there anything else which will do the same kind of job as the AQUA 7XT/7PRO?

I would like pump speed and fan speed integrated (for the hell of it). Or would i be better off using manually set pumps and fan controllers with separate temperature and flow sensors?
Buy a PWM pump and PWM fans and use the fan control software that comes with your motherboard. Although honestly I'd just buy something like a regular D5 pump, set it at whatever speed and never adjust it. I have a PWM D5 and didn't like how it would ramp up and down. I unplugged the fan header so it would just run @ 60% or whatever constantly.
Old April 21, 2017, 07:26 PM
Rookie

Definitely the easier way to go, and probably safer. I was hoping to have something with lights and a nice display.

I am trying to design a CPU Desk. I want the front of it to look hi-tech as well as extremely versatile.