LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2015, 04:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
220x is on a 3-6 backorder afaik.

Swiftech H220-X All-in-One Liquid Cooling Kit - H220-X

While this might be a few degrees diff than an corsair unit, try adding adding a few radiators,gpu blocks, and motherboard block the to corsair unit - oh wait you cant, thats what you are paying for is the expandability option and maintain "custom" level performance without much additional costs. And even if you did go through the process of modding the corsair unit to to expand it , I hardly doubt the pump will be up to snuff to do it. My previous h220 (non x unit) with the original pump design was able to to push mobo,cpu,2x gpu blocks and a second radiator and perform on par with custom loops ive done in the past for considerably less money. The 220x and 240x models have an even better pump in them. For face value it might seem like a better idea to get a corsair unit until you consider whats really in the EK and Swiftech units - essentially the same hardware sold seperately for "custom" loops for a LOT more.
I don't think its a fair comparison between the two, sorry.
The Corsair is an AIO, and is sold as one. The other is sold as something you can expand. As far as I'm concerned in the market they cater to two totally different people.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 4, 2015, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That was my point exactly. There are many many here who feel this is the same thing as the other AIO - just more expensive. Even in my BST ad it was suggested that it be priced in accordance with an H110i "because it was on par with that"

Calling units like this an AIO is a bit of a misnomer imo.
Old November 4, 2015, 09:35 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Its a pretty simple litmus test. Ask yourself the following question:

Is it an all in one design in that all you need do is plug it in? Ie Does it come prefilled? Is there anything missing?

The answer to that is obvious....so like it or not it IS an All-In-One water based CPU cooling solution. Does it blow the rest of the AIO's out of the water.....yes. The fact it is upgrade-able is just icing.

As for BST peeps. Lowballers are everywhere.Laugh at them and publicly mock them whenever possible.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 4, 2015, 10:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Can't wait I'm planning on stuffing this in a Haf XB Evo case with 4 hdds. And a Asus Z170-WS I'll get creative with placement as I gota leave room for a 980Ti.
Old November 8, 2015, 02:26 PM
Rookie

This AOI is like buying a starter pack of magic : the gathering (trading card game) : it gives you a lot of stuff to start with, and then you are hooked and want more !!

an exclusive waterblock for your non-reference graphic card ? EK has it
want to go full watercooling and buy a waterblock for your mobo ? EK ! radiators ? tubing ? EK EK EK !

i wish this kit would have been available 2 years ago when i built my loop. i got hooked and ended up with a 1000$ bill or more (i don't want to count !)