Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2014, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Radiator fans

What are some good choices for radiator fans that are quiet and smooth sounding?

I've been re-using my Scythe S-Flex E and F from years ago, and some of them are developing some chattering/scratching noises in the bearings.

Wasn't too big a fan of AP15s due to motor growl.

Looking for something with PWM so they can rev with system load... but also not looking to spend $30 per fan.

Thanks
Old August 26, 2014, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Water Cooling

Well if ur doing some major mining and need good cooling Daz has those Koolance fans, though with 4 all out it's a bit LOUD! lol. Actually they have 160cfm fans for extreme cooling. The ones I have r ok, but together r loud.

Try the next ones down from the 108 cfm fans in performance cooling, or maybe they have some good fans I haven't noticed b4.

I have been using the Gelids 75 cfm/fan. Changed all of my sealed wcing units to those for increased performance and significantly reduced noise. I always keep noise in mind when selecting fans as well as cfms.

They work real well and compared to the factory fans are much quieter with twice the air flow. Some of those factory supplied fans r absolutely terribly LOUD like the ones that come with the Silverstone Tundra.

They're using metric instead of cfms, and these were about 125 give or take. The ones at Daz r listed as cfm.

His prices were a lot cheaper as well compared to most.

Hope that helps a bit.

FF
Old August 26, 2014, 07:15 PM
MVP

My System Specs

whatever fans you end up using, I would also add one of these ... helps reduce noise/vibrations.

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...1mm-thickness/
Old August 26, 2014, 07:20 PM
MVP

Check out the Cougar Vortex fans. They come in Pwm and three pin versions and have served me well and quietly.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old August 27, 2014, 01:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

They're not PWM but the BeQuiet! Silent Wings 2 have super quiet motors and don't get loud with radiators. They also have built in quieting mounts

http://www.ncix.com/detail/be-quiet-...80363-1360.htm

They have the Pure wings too, but they have a different type bearing and I've not tried them.

As Mena mentioned, the Cougar Vortex PWM fans are also pretty quiet.

BitFenix Spectre Pro fans are quiet too, but I find they don't push nearly as much air as the Be Quiet! or Cougar fans.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old August 29, 2014, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for everyone's input. After looking at some more reviews about the Cougar PWM fans I ordered 5 for $6 each from NewEgg, thanks to Prolab for pointing them out. Threw in a couple of Rosewill PWM fans as well since the reviews said they are underrated and are very quiet.