Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2008, 04:41 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default CoolIT PURE Review Comment Thread

Well guys CoolIT just recently sent us their PURE watercooling model for us to review. This lil guy was amazingly quiet (maybe too quiet) and easy to use, BUT does lack any TECs that make the rest of the CoolIT line so unique.

You can check out my Review of the PURE here: CoolIT PURE

Please use this thread to post all of your questions, comments and suggestions.

Hope You Enjoyed It!
AKG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 6, 2008, 06:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I liked the review before reading it was like dam worryless water cooling and after seeing its cooling potential im glad im going the vortex solution hopefully my temps will decrease dramatically!
Old May 6, 2008, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review, nto a bad little cooler.. few things I didn't like, especially the clamp that holds the block onto the chip, what's up with that flimsy and unattractive thing? lol
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old May 7, 2008, 07:36 PM
Top Prospect

Default Reply

Too bad it sucks just as much as a boring Swiftech kit... AHA
Old May 8, 2008, 05:32 AM
Allstar
F@H

I think it sucks because its the wrong cooler for the cpu's used in the review, the Elite version would
be a much better choice for those processors.
That said I'm not sure where one could justify using the Pure version given the cost.
Old May 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
CoolIT Systems Rep.

Default Thank you HWC

Hey Folks,

This is Barry with CoolIT, I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for reviewing our PURE CPU Cooler, once again you've done a really good job. I am looking forward to having HWC review the rest of our line in the very near future. For those of you unhappy with the temps on the PURE... we've got something for you don't worry ;)

Keep the feedback coming... good or bad, we are listening.

CoolIT Systems is based in Calgary, Alberta and I really do like reading HWC reviews for their truly Canadian honesty, integrity, humour and insight. I am admittedly not as active on forums as I would like to be but this is one place where I will continue to visit.

Cheers!

Barry
Old May 9, 2008, 11:18 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
I think it sucks because its the wrong cooler for the cpu's used in the review, the Elite version wouldbe a much better choice for those processors.
That said I'm not sure where one could justify using the Pure version given the cost.
Which CPUs would you have liked to have seen reviewed? We have a low TDP single core and a higher TDP quad...what more is there other than all the processors that fill in the gaps between those two?
Old May 9, 2008, 11:18 AM
CoolIT Systems Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
I think it sucks because its the wrong cooler for the cpu's used in the review, the Elite version would
be a much better choice for those processors.
Thanks for the feedback DK but HWC did in fact use appropriate processors for the review considering its intent. The goal was to introduce our low-noise solution and as the review points out, although we did not perform as well as the Swiftech unit nor the Asetek unit with the Swiftech fan, our product was nearly inaudible while theirs was well, loud. Whether using air, heatpipes, radiators or TEC's at the end of the day the last transfer of the heat is into the surrounding ambient air and when you run a higher CFM fan you can do that better but typically at the expense of fan noise. I know that we are kind of trained to just look for lower temps but for this product, low noise is paramount.

However, you are right that the Elite is more powerful and would have yielded much lower temps... I think you've helped me decide which CoolIT product the Canucks will have next ;)
Old May 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I should also point out that I think we have the FIRST and probably only review comparing the Pure to the Swiftech H20-120 and the Astek LCLC which are two of the more popular all-in-one systems out there.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

skymtl,
after re-reading the review maybe sucks is a little harsh.
Still I wouldn’t use it for the quad, the dual maybe, if I was really looking for quiet, and a milder oc, if at all,
and I wanted all the heat pulled outside the case, that’s a big plus!

Barrolde,
fair enough.
I’m planning on an Elite for my new build so I’m looking forward to that.