Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2014, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Swiftech 8 Way PWM 4 Pin Splitter Box - Query

Hey Guys...
Got this...

8-Way PWM splitter box - Rouchon Industries Inc., dba Swiftech - PC Liquid Cooling Systems CPU Cooler VGA Water Block Heatsink Pump Radiator Heat Exchanger Kit

Found it in my pile of spare parts....can I use this to connect 8 PWM Fans to 1 Channel of my FC9 Fan Controller?
The FC9 Controller is a 3 Pin only...BUT it is 50W on a single channel and I'm pretty sure I can plug the 4 Pin in.

I'm thinking it should be okay and I would simply plug the 4 Pin that would go to the Mobo Header into the Fan Controller.....should be able to go 4 Pin to 3 Pin......and I'm sure I dont have to plug the SATA Power Connector in as plenty of power being provided by Fan Controller (Fan Controller is plugged into 3 12v Molex Connectors).

I would certainly rather use this than all my Splitters :)

Thanks.....likely try it...cant see any major problems if it dont work.....I'm trying to get my final 2 Fans on my RX 480 Rad for 8 Fan Push / Pull....n clean up the Fan Cabling (eliminate splitters)..

EDIT: Little more digging and everything I read online says it wont work....oh well...more splitters it is....

Last edited by rjbarker; July 4, 2014 at 02:32 PM.