Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2014, 02:45 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Should I drain immediately?

Hi haven't been around for awhile, anyways I'm back for a quick question. I have gotten into water cooling with a xspc ray storm, rx360, and d5 res combo kit. my question is this, I did not hear about flushing the rad till i already started the leak testing phase. my loop is currently doing just that and I want to know if i should stop it and drain it all then flush the rad of if i leave it for like 3 months will it damage something or just degrade performance. I hope this makes sense.

rvcjew
Old June 18, 2014, 03:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

degrade performance and muck up the loop depends on amount of flux left over when made

when flush rad also open all blocks an clean , before open them

have spare 0-rings to replace for assurance of no leaks after
Old June 18, 2014, 04:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaverclan View Post
Hi haven't been around for awhile, anyways I'm back for a quick question. I have gotten into water cooling with a xspc ray storm, rx360, and d5 res combo kit. my question is this, I did not hear about flushing the rad till i already started the leak testing phase. my loop is currently doing just that and I want to know if i should stop it and drain it all then flush the rad of if i leave it for like 3 months will it damage something or just degrade performance. I hope this makes sense.

rvcjew
In some way you're lucky because XSPC are usually "almost" clean from the factory compared to Alphacool/Phobya rads.

But since you're still in leak testing, I would flush the loop, remove the rad and and clean flush it by doing 3-4 "shaking dance" runs. After that, just reconnect the rad in the loop, refill with DI water and run it a few minutes (5-10 minutes) and flush the loop again this is just to clean the potential residues. Then fill it up again and re-start your leak test phase.

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old June 18, 2014, 01:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I decided to wait a little and unless it's inside all of the block I see none in my res anywhere, I don't have time to drain it now but will see how it goes thanks for the advice. Duely noted to get a spare oring.

Rvcjew
Old June 18, 2014, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Anyone know where we can get spare O Rings for EKWB's....in particular the FC GTX 780Ti model...does Daz carry em or from EK direct?...curious..

Old June 19, 2014, 03:48 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Anyone know where we can get spare O Rings for EKWB's....in particular the FC GTX 780Ti model...does Daz carry em or from EK direct?...curious..
In North America, FrozenCPU is the official place for EK replacement parts like this.

The one you want to have for your specific block is this one : EK Replacement O-Ring - 144 x 2.0 (OR 144x2 NBR55)

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old June 23, 2014, 09:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

oh nice Akira. IDK this.