Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Distilled water spills can short out computer parts??

Alright hey guys so im wondering whats the best coolant to use for WC that wonnt short out computer parts say if i have a leak and distilled water and Swiftech Hydrx drops into the video card for example will it short it out?? IF so what would be the best coolant to use doesnt matter price but would not short out parts thanx.
Old May 5, 2008, 08:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

im lookin at reviews and such aboot the liquids like Feser One and ill probbaly not be switchin the liquids on a regular basis if that helps
Old May 5, 2008, 08:58 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

From everything I've read, even a non conductive fluid won't be perfect, so instead of going for something thats safe, just go for top performance and take the proper precautions to keep your loop watertight(small tubing on 1/2" barbs, ziptie or clamp your tubing around barbs, thoroughly leak test with your machine powered OFF and unplugged).
Old May 5, 2008, 09:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

AHH I Guess ill go with distilled water and Hydrex
Old May 5, 2008, 10:50 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It all comes down to your comfort level. Feser One looks amazing and is non conductive. BUT Tygon 7/16 ID tubing over Danger Den Custom high flow barbs (or perfect seal's if your a sucker for punishment but provide even MORE secure fitting) that is then steel worm clamped or double zip tied...is hard to beat as well. Personally, I went for BOTH in the system I recently built (after all my rep was on the line ;) ).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 5, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Just do Distilled and the Hydrx if you already have it.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

yea still waitin for Direct canada to ship the stuff and btw i bought the Noctua fans over yer Scythe man every review i saw said the Noctua was better except in price and i dont mind paying more for a little better with quietness. I only bought 2 as i have two antec tri cools i can use im gonna use the Noctua to Push and antecs to pull hope that config is good.