Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2014, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Absolutely Love My WC'ing!!!

So been running the Loop for a tad over 2 weeks now guys and I friggin love it!!!!

It's so nice to transition from Net Surfing to BF4 with no audible changes (GPU Fans spinning up like Fighter Jets)!!!!
Marathon of BF4 last night, obviously Vert Synch is never enabled anymore, GPU's cranking out at 95% useage and Temps stabilized after about 5 min playing 41c and 43c.....sweet!!!!

Now, can't wait to drain n do some modifications to my loop!!
BTW ( Capt Krunch)....I've settled with pump running at a tad over #3, Software shows 3200 RPM, the Rez is completely clear of bubbles ;)

I would like to change out the top 360 Rad for a full size 120.4 Rad and will be re-mounting / orientating my Photon 170, this will allow "straight runs" to / from Rez with no 90's.

I'm somewhat overwhelmed with all the Rad choices out there ( thicker with low FPI vs thinner high density etc)......
I know I would like to have the top 120.4 Rad (whichever I choose), running without push /pull, single set of 4 high static pressure fans RPM around 1000 to 1300, was just going to use my Corsair SP Silent Fans (up to 1450 RPM).....
Which 120.4 Rad would be best for my needs???

I see NCIX has the XSPC RX 480 on sale for $109, seems like a good deal but it is a 3 yr old model
I like the looks of the EK XTX 480 available thru Daz.

I really like the looks of the Alphacool UT 60 or XT 45, they actually seem to be the best thru some research.

Any thoughts guys, I'm pretty sure I want lower FPI to run fans slower and quieter.
In summary, replace top 360 with 480, leave lower 360 and perhaps add a 3 rd 240 below.

These are the 120.4 Candidates with my comments I'm currently looking at and would like other WC'er Members input:

From Daz:
Has high density Fins so may not work well with a single set of Corsair SP Fans ? Although I do like this Rad for being not too thick:
https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...core-radiator/
This EK is over 60mm Thick, good low density Fins, so likey good with one set of Corsair SP Fans? Although, due to thickness, even with a 900D push / pull (which I would like to get away from) is out of the question:
https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...20mm_radiator/

From NCIX, good price as I think NCIX is simply trying to get rid of all there WC'ing stuff, RX seems to have good reviews, low FPI so good with Corsair SP 1450 Fans, again no push / pull due to thickness:
http://www.ncix.com/detail/xspc-rx48...93269-1198.htm

And my favorites from Frozen (although I cant seem to find info re: FPI ):
UT60
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Quad 120mm Radiator - FrozenCPU.com
or XT45
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper Quad 120mm Radiator - FrozenCPU.com

Cheers!!!

Last edited by rjbarker; May 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old May 11, 2014, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I love WCing also it is allot quieter I wish I could find some WC parts my my 560ti card
Old May 11, 2014, 02:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well my closet is filling up with stuff to sell....I'm like a friggin hoarder :)
2 x Swiftech XP 360 Rads
1 x Swiftech H320 AIO
Couldnt count how many Fans...Great big bag of em ;)

Old May 11, 2014, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

lower fpi means you can use lower fan speeds I believe. Lower fan speeds are less noise. Lowfat knows a fair bit about rads.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old May 11, 2014, 06:47 PM

My System Specs

The RX480 is about as good as a radiator as there is, if you want lower speed fans.
Old May 11, 2014, 09:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah okay thanks lowfat.....been in a quandry ;)

Went with the RX480 for $109

Last edited by rjbarker; May 12, 2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old May 12, 2014, 06:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Yeah okay thanks lowfat.....been in a quandry ;)

Went with the RX480 for $109
This is a good choice. The high FPI radiators are only good if you have medium speed fans and more importantly, the fans are filtered. When dust gets into the radiators it seems to have a bigger effect on the high FPI radiators by simple virtue of there being less space between each fin, so this is a great choice. Alternatively you also want to use filtration that has minimal effect on static pressure/airflow to keep the radiators at decent efficiency.

I know about closets filling up with water cooling. It's like they're turning into water closets hehehe.

Good luck and enjoy!

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old May 12, 2014, 07:33 AM

My System Specs

This was my watercooling 'closet' at some point. I actually think it is likely worse now.

Old May 12, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Guess I dont feel so bad now.....I'm at 3 Radiators...2 780Ti FC Backplates and 1 H320 !!
Guess I'll have to throw this up on BST soon.

I also have a H100i, but I'm going to hang on to that as it, along with the Silverstone Radiator Mounting Brackets works perfect in my Silverstone TJ09 Case...thats also in my closet ;)

Old May 12, 2014, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

where did you order it from?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.