Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2014, 02:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
If I remember properly the unit works based off of the coolant temp. The hotter the coolant the more voltage gets applied to the tec to cool the system down.

When this temperature difference is seen the units fan kicks in to help dissipate the heat away from the massive heat exchanger for the tec units.
Cool I hope that's the case as it will be easier to deal with. I don't want this unit running 100% because it can't find an accurate temp. I've installed heating injection systems a couple times commercially so I understand the logistics. I will be able to test this prior to a full install into my case. I'm hoping careful use with a heat gun may have the desired heat to engage the cooling system on demand. Just waiting to hear back from Braineater about the USB connector.

I have several HSF I can donate to the testing cause

Keep in mind this is all just for fun
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old May 5, 2014, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
Cool I hope that's the case as it will be easier to deal with. I don't want this unit running 100% because it can't find an accurate temp. I've installed heating injection systems a couple times commercially so I understand the logistics. I will be able to test this prior to a full install into my case. I'm hoping careful use with a heat gun may have the desired heat to engage the cooling system on demand. Just waiting to hear back from Braineater about the USB connector.

I have several HSF I can donate to the testing cause

Keep in mind this is all just for fun
USB connector? Your missing it? Or figuring out how to use it?

If your really bored and wanting to experiment I still have a ton of parts and unused non elite units in my closet.
Old May 5, 2014, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Random thought...What about running something like Diagram 1, but moving the freezone to between the CPU and GPU (post MOB/CPU and prior to GPU)? Take a bit of the heat out before hitting the big heat producer.
Old May 5, 2014, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Using a liquid-liquid exchanger like you suggest in either configuration , is about the same , you are only removing heat from 'the system'.

----

Cool-it systems is still around , albeit not selling retail :
CoolIT Systems - CoolIT Systems
They are up by you bud ; 3920 29st NE Calgary.....or call em ; 403-235-4895 I bet they can offer help.

>>If you can make one go , you can make 3 go.<<

Old May 5, 2014, 05:26 PM
Rookie

I don't mean to seem , a stick in the mud; But, both your loops are "Highly" series. You should look at a parallel loop, to help with restriction to flow. Gotta a lot of blocks going on there.
Old May 5, 2014, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Surprisingly there isn't a lot of restriction in the loop man. Only 3 blocks with a d5 strong pump which can easily do twice this loop. Rads are very very low restriction... parallel loops are difficult to balance while a series loop has no guesswork. It either cools or it doesn't.

Injection systems work on a call for cooling/heating basis. If the liquid is too warm it will fire up the secondary cooling. If it is cold enough it will sit idle which is why it is installed in the secondary picture like it is. With injection the outlet precedes the inlet to prevent flashing and maintain a steady temperature. I don't know for sure if the coolit will even work installed like this until I try.

I think in the end the injection portion could happen on either side of the rad and still provide cooling I will have to try both ways and test it to know for sure.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; May 5, 2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old May 5, 2014, 06:11 PM
Rookie

You're a better man than me. I had to go to an Apt. sized freezer to realize below ambient. That didn't last long. Blew up the freezer. One day, the compressor just didn't start.
Old May 5, 2014, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Using a liquid-liquid exchanger like you suggest in either configuration , is about the same , you are only removing heat from 'the system'.

----

Cool-it systems is still around , albeit not selling retail :
CoolIT Systems - CoolIT Systems
They are up by you bud ; 3920 29st NE Calgary.....or call em ; 403-235-4895 I bet they can offer help.

>>If you can make one go , you can make 3 go.<<

Coolit is no longer in the retail part of things and they most likely will not help with any end user questions especially about something like this.

Experience from a person like myself is the best bet.
Old May 5, 2014, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

if you have the usb connector that would be a great help Enaberif. if not I'll have to try and make one... it's for the MTEC box.

something like this should work.
http://www.computervalley.ca/bmz_cac...ge.500x500.jpg
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.

Last edited by clshades; May 5, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old May 5, 2014, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
if you have the usb connector that would be a great help Enaberif. if not I'll have to try and make one... it's for the MTEC box.

something like this should work.
http://www.computervalley.ca/bmz_cac...ge.500x500.jpg
Yeah I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I have,.