Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2014, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Procyon II - Liquid Cooling Complete

So thats it...leak tested for 20 hrs...all good...little tiny air bubbles stuck to inside of Reservoir glass dont seem to be accumulating anymore...I'll continue to monitor

All hooked up again and booted up fine...CPU and GPU's still OC'd to what they were when I disassembled:

CPU 4.8 Ghz @ 1.35 v (under full load)
GPU's +130 Mhz Core +200 Mhz Memory - Boosts to 1202 Mhz

Quick 20 minute session of LinX - Max Core Temp 62c...about a 15c drop from Swiftech H320 AIO

Quick 20 minute session of Batman Arkham Origins...VSinch Disabled
Framerates steady 130 FPS...both GPU's 98% utilization...1202 Boost Core:
Max Temps: GPU#1 40c GPU#2 37c - thats about a drop of 40c !!!

Best of all, all those fans running at about 50% just a "hush"....sweet!!!! No screaming GPU Fans and obscene Temps!!

The Vario D5 is running at #2 approx. 2500 RPM..

Grand total of 16 Fans all running off of my 4 channel FC 9 Controller:
Channel 1 - 3 Peneatrators front intakes
Channel 2 - Top rear 140mm Corsair AF Series Intake (this one I'm going to swap out for a Noctua )
Channel 3 - 6 Noctua NF F Series push / pull bottom Rad
Channel 4 - 6 Corsair SP Series push / pull top Rad

Anyhow, pretty stoked and impressed, now I understand why you WC'ers dont hesitate to go this route.....and I had fun building!!

Thanks to all those providing me with insite!!

I'm not much of a photorapher, but here's a few completed shots.....I didnt bother with the UV Cathodes, to anxious to see how it would run!!

Last edited by rjbarker; April 27, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old April 27, 2014, 04:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Sounds like everything is working as advertised, and that you've enjoyed both the outcome and the journey.

Temps sound great (don't forget the delta from load to idle tems.... ;) ), and it sounds like you've got a substantial improvement in sounds levels as well.

So, should be start a new "office" pool on the exact date you break it down to add new shiny bits, and/or how many times you do that over the next 6 months???? :)

Welcome to the world of wet!

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 27, 2014, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

GPU's id;e at 21 and 22c
CPU sitting 26 - 30c on all 6 Cores

Yep....how about a mod kit for D5 Vario ;)

Old April 27, 2014, 04:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

the d5 is to strong for that rez inlet size set-up

as you see in pic's

pure cavitation happening in rez, set to #1

great build, I didn't want to rain on your nice work jbarker but the res-d5 has issues as it sits

so how it going to the wet side of gaming
Old April 27, 2014, 05:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ From what little I tested....if I can game with that kind of silence and Gpu Temps in the mid 40's that in itself made it totally worth it..

I turned the Pump right down to the lowest it will go...so will keep an eye on it.
I would think provided my temps are good...the bubbles to accumulate too much I sould be okay until I drain and reconfigure (I'll get rid of the 90's going in / out of the Res) ?

Cheers

Old April 27, 2014, 05:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

out is fine just inlet's no 90's

use a syringe to drain and save your fluid

Last edited by KaptCrunch; April 27, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old April 27, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

So just clarify.....(and I'd like to stick to Fittings of the same make / brand)....this Y Connector

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...adapter_black/

Coming from my Rad....(I can re-orientate the Rad so a straight run to the Res (sort of)....then split to 2 outgoing tubes to both Inlets of the Res....right? I could increase the size of the tube from the Y connector to the Inlet Ports on the res if need be as well.....

Old April 27, 2014, 06:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
So just clarify.....(and I'd like to stick to Fittings of the same make / brand)....this Y Connector

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...adapter_black/

Coming from my Rad....(I can re-orientate the Rad so a straight run to the Res (sort of)....then split to 2 outgoing tubes to both Inlets of the Res....right? I could increase the size of the tube from the Y connector to the Inlet Ports on the res if need be as well.....

your making a manifold for inlet for D5 suction is not matching 1 inlet

with above your still same port size with 3/4 hose is increasing area to support D5 suction

2x https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...itting_-black/
to pump inlet

guaranteed you won't cavitation with this mod
Attached Images

Last edited by KaptCrunch; April 27, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old April 27, 2014, 08:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Okay I see where your going....there wouldnt be much room between the Rad and the Res intakes for all that..I would have to come off of a Rotary 90 (2x 45) from bottom of Rad....then to 2 x inlets on Res....would it be beneficial even just to go from the 90 from Rad (remember I'll end for end the Rad from its current position to allow for more length to Res), then to the Y Connector...then 2 x 3/4" OD 1/2" ID to both inlets?
Essentially exactly as your showing minus the 3/4" OD 1/2" ID length before the "Y Connector".... I could probably get 2 lengths each around 5 - 6" in length 3/4" OD 1/2" ID to res....this would allow me to have the "manifold with Y" off of lower outlet of Rad....then 2 decent lengths of 3/4" OD to res......this make sense..? Guess it would be an improvement and reduce cavitation?

And as it stands I would still have to have one of the two Res Inlets with a 45 (maybe a 30) on it....no way around that...

Old April 27, 2014, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Best of all, all those fans running at about 50% just a "hush"....sweet!!!! No screaming GPU Fans and obscene Temps!!
This is the main reason why I water cool... enjoy it man!
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.