Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2014, 09:39 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yeah I just did some more intensive testing:
Pump Speed #1
All Fans 50%

LinX 20 cycles @ 4.9 Ghz 1.41v Max Core Temp 74c - so all in all a slight improvement over previous Swiftech H320 (push / pull also), maybe 4-5C cooler

Looped Heaven 4.0 for 30 min:
Core 1250 Mhz (+135 Mhz)
Memory 3700 Mhz (+204 Mhz)

GPU#1 49c / GPU #2 47c

Yep....can see why you guys are into it for sure....should have had my Tri SLi 680 Classy's under water ;)

Old April 27, 2014, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

what in the hell are you talkin about kapt? You don't need to have a double inlet and a single outlet on a pump. Especially a pump running at 20%... I've never heard of such a thing nor seen it anywhere ever. And I've installed a lot of pumps heh.

If you don't want cavitation you reduce the pump speed and or add a couple pipe diameters before and after the pump inlet/outlet if the flow goes directly in and out with no break from a reservoir like the bay mount XSPC resi's. In which case the pipe diameter length is actually apart of the bay resi itself. It's completely visible too. You are correct about the 90* fittings directly into the pump or directly out of the pump. Any pump I've ever installed is 2-4 pipe diameters. Bigger pumps sometimes require more but I only need to read the installation manual to know what each pump requires they are not all the same.

All your mod is doing is reducing the pressure even more on the already low pressure side of the pump... it's a waste of money and space. Your creation is basically a mini reservoir. Pumps are more likely to cavitate when they are run too fast virtually flash boiling liquid in a tiny air pocket on the downflow side of the impeller which in turn MELTS the impeller. Cavitation is more likely a pump speed issue than a piping problem. Adding a couple pipe diameters before and after a pump helps protect it from turbulent flow which COULD cause cavitation. Due to the fact that computer pumps are such low pressures (I can probably blow harder) I highly doubt this mod will do anything substantial.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 28, 2014, 03:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

proof is in the rez cavitation happening. now if user set set pump to #5 how long will the impeller last or how many more bubbles will come in rez and hurting proforumance
Old April 28, 2014, 04:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^^Juat a heads up though, #2 setting on this pump seems more than adequate, why would I want to go higher ? As far as I know increasing the pump speed dramatically doesn't necessarily improve cooling. ?
If it's all fine at thus setting, think I'll just leave befor now.
I maybe able to replace the intake / outakes with 45's next water change.

Old April 28, 2014, 05:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

I did D5 speed test a while ago. Was getting about 1 degree difference per each setting as long as flow rate was over 1L/min, below that temps were skyroketing.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old April 28, 2014, 07:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^^^Juat a heads up though, #2 setting on this pump seems more than adequate, why would I want to go higher ? As far as I know increasing the pump speed dramatically doesn't necessarily improve cooling. ?
If it's all fine at thus setting, think I'll just leave befor now.
I maybe able to replace the intake / outakes with 45's next water change.
this type of fitting works good too man.
https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...-_matte_black/

mip x fip dual 45 rotary.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 28, 2014, 08:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ That dual 45 rotary is the one I presently have on my Res intake....I actually have those as all my 90's....think 3 in total in my loop....no single 90's except for that manifold / drain assembly coming off of the outake on my Res.

Old April 28, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Should be fine then man... it's more of a sweeping 90 compared to a right angle turn. It has better flow / restriction rates than a regular 90.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 28, 2014, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gotchya......had the System shut down overnight....most of the little micro bubbles were gone this AM....just flashed it up....generally I never leave my Rig run overnight.....unless I'm downloading :)
Frigging sweet though..still cant over the GPU Temps...idling upstairs in my Office this AM 18c and 16c ....lovin it!!!! Gotta be reflective of the ambient room temp!!

The only thing I havent seen a "huge difference" with is the CPU Temp...although it was previously cooled on a Swiftech H320 push / pull, so wasnt expecting to see much difference there....of course it is the GPU's I was focusing on!!!

Really like the EK SLi Terminal Bridge...easy to work with and really makes the installation as a composite unit simple....provides a ton of rigidity as well!!

Did you get your Blocks for the Kingpin? I actually have a couple of spare Backplates here now as the day after I ordered from EK Daz had em in stock, so I ordered from him as well....theyboth arrived same day!!!! COD for the 2 Backplates (DHL) was $20...

Not too concerned about having extraBackplates, as I very well may throw a 3rd Ti into the mix...kinda why I went with the Triple SLi Terminal Bridge.

Old April 28, 2014, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

my block should be here today... card wont be here until next week.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.