Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2014, 11:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

oh forgot to ask on #1 pump setting does bubbles go away?
Old April 27, 2014, 12:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ The bubbles were clinging to side of reservoir likely left over from me cycling pump to max to bleed air....this morning I took the rubber handle of my wire cutters and hammered the sides of the the reservoir several times...most of the clinging bubbles have cleared and it looks pretty good now.

The D5 Vario I have set on #2 and I see no new bubbles....

Next time I drain the loop, I'll reconfigure so no fittings at all on Inlet side of reservoir, I'll put the drain manifold assembly on the outlet of the bottom GPU and replace the reservoir outlet assembly with a simple 45....unfortunately there is no way to run the hose into the outlet of the reservoir with no angle fitting.

I'll be testing temps later this afternoon....hopefully temps will be acceptable and I'll call it done till I "service" in 6 months.

Another quick question about servicing...in 6 months when I drain the loop, is it best to cycle distilled water throughout the loop prior to re-filling with coolant? How involved is the "cleaning process" in 6 months time generally?
I'm using Fesser 1 Coolant (clear)....didnt add anything to it as its supposed to already have the necessaryadditives.

Cheers

Old April 27, 2014, 10:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

should be fine man.. I would definitely change the 90 on the outlet when you get a chance. Inlet isn't nearly as important with it attached to resi like yours.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.