Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18, 2014, 08:06 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default What happened to all the GTX 780/Titan waterblocks/back plates?

Been in the market for two FC blocks and back plates for my titans and can't find what I want anywhere. Want the long blocks from EK in nickel/plexiglass non-csq and black backplates and you would think I am looking for several year old discontinued gear. Actually that would be easier as you could find them used.

Anyone seen these anywhere? I would grab Aquacomputer blocks but can't find them either aND they are insanely priced if you can find them...
Old April 18, 2014, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

tryed Aquatuneing in Germaay ?
Old April 19, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

I terms of blocks, Ti blocks models cover all 3 cards. Previous revisions were discontinued to minimaze mistakes between keyboard and computer.

Backplates had production issue but it was fixed, so you will see them everywhere shortly.
HTPC Build: Final Video
Old April 19, 2014, 02:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys. I think I have it sorted. Why no plexi tops Daz?

I found a open box Aquacomputer Nickel/Plexi & backplate on the BST and will order a new one from Aquatuning.us. I wanted to go EK because it seems they have best VRM cooling, but with inverted ITX in my system I wanted to see my colored coolant. Aquacomputer it is this go around.
Old April 23, 2014, 09:19 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Forgot how much it sucks to order out of country. PayPal is a pain in the nuts with their delays, even when you have cash in your account apparently, and can almost certainly expect UPS to have their hand out at delivery even tho Aquatuning is supposed to have that covered.

Oh well, excited to get my Titans watered before big maxwell hits : )
Old April 23, 2014, 09:32 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post
Forgot how much it sucks to order out of country. PayPal is a pain in the nuts with their delays, even when you have cash in your account apparently, and can almost certainly expect UPS to have their hand out at delivery even tho Aquatuning is supposed to have that covered.

Oh well, excited to get my Titans watered before big maxwell hits : )
You get the nickel / 'glass' versions?
Old April 23, 2014, 09:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
You get the nickel / 'glass' versions?

Yup : ) gonna look badass inverted. They will be going in my original Murderbox until/if I get the MKII.

Also stoked to put some real voltage to my cards. That many transistors on air turn into a reactor quick .

Last edited by turtletrax; April 23, 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Garrr!!! I get one of my two blocks and backplates and go to install one in the 1st (x16) slot of my RIVE and the backplate doesnt clear the bloody memory retentions. Had to install in the 3rd slot to get it in there.

Will have to bust open the dremel on the second backplate. It's a damn shame too as the things are seriously a piece of art.

My other gripe with AC is the fact that you have to scrounge a 1mm thick chunk of thermal pad to get contact with the inductors on the Titan. Lotsa people have been burning up watercooled Titans and it was found out that it was the R22 and R33 inductors by the VRM letting go. Had to poon some pads from an old waterblock I have to sell, so now I have to buy replacements.

Good news is that card idles at 22c, now to lay volts and test max
Old May 3, 2014, 11:06 PM

My System Specs

Did you get the 'active' backplates?
Old May 3, 2014, 11:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Did you get the 'active' backplates?

No, I kinda knew I would have fitment issues going that route as the clips are pretty tight to the card. What I missed was how thick these plates really are. They are 3/8" thick!

Ran some stress with Skynet R2 bios stock clocks of 1006Mhz at load temps are 33c. Pretty happy with that. Now to load zarudo tool and crank volts :)