Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2014, 07:36 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Question Red Sleeved Tubing vs Clear Tubing with Red Dye

Hi, just experimenting with different options. Which look do you prefer? (Sorry about pic quality, still WIP)

Last edited by Keyz; February 24, 2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old February 21, 2014, 08:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You're likely going to get an even split as it's such a subjective question.

Personally, I like the sleeving much more. I've always disliked the look of water loops with transparent tubing. I can't really say why, but maybe it has something to do with the liquid never being a rich enough colour for my taste? Regardless, the sleeving gives it a nice, clean, 'finished' look IMO.
Old February 21, 2014, 09:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Sleeve.

then you can stick to basic Distilled and DazProtect :P
Old February 21, 2014, 09:15 AM
Banned

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
You're likely going to get an even split as it's such a subjective question.

Personally, I like the sleeving much more. I've always disliked the look of water loops with transparent tubing. I can't really say why, but maybe it has something to do with the liquid never being a rich enough colour for my taste? Regardless, the sleeving gives it a nice, clean, 'finished' look IMO.
+1. I never find the colour rich enough. I don't mind coloured tubing though. The sleeving is nice. I'm just not used to seeing it enough, that and I like the look of textureless tubing.
Old February 21, 2014, 12:19 PM

My System Specs

I am a fan of the sleeved tubing obviously.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old February 21, 2014, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I would say sleeving as well, but that pic makes it look more orange then red. It really it depends on what look your going for. If you have lights in your case the clear may look better by allowing light through, but I wouldn't really light a case up much, so I would prefer the sleeve.
Old February 22, 2014, 09:48 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

put the sleeve in a tube, or use a solid color non textured tube, the dye will change the color of the tubing eventually which I have seen and it makes it look yuck, not to mention it could and has messed up many a block as it is a suspended product in the liquid so it can and will eventually separate/stick and so forth, I do like the dye look however, maybe there is some LED lighting or whatever you could use to get that really rich color but also have the best liquid in use without worrying about changing of color or whatever.
Old February 22, 2014, 09:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'd choose Sleeved.
Old February 23, 2014, 08:43 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the feedback guys. To be honest I was surprised to see so much support for sleeved tubing, considering I've barely seen any builds using it (the only I can remember is lowfats blue sleeve - that's what what gave me an idea to sleeve, thanks ;)). The main reason I currently switched to clear + dye is that those Monsoon fittings are tricky to use with sleeving, you have to get the length just right (the sleeve has to end a few mm off the edge of the fitting), and the ends tend to start fraying after a few times the fittings are taken off / put back on.

Regarding the dye, from the research I've done it seems that separation really occurs if dye and other additives people use are chemically reactive, and dye "gunking up" the blocks is really just colored leached plasticizer, so I'm hoping for the best. I use distilled with Daz Protector and Feser dye, which are supposed to be compatible.
Old February 24, 2014, 12:53 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Tried editing the original post, however it got deleted for some reason. So here are the photos again.