Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   WC 2 x 780TI's (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/64065-wc-2-x-780tis.html)

rjbarker November 12, 2013 01:24 AM

WC 2 x 780TI's
 
Hi Guys
A little preliminary "sniffing" for some advice from the "guru's here....of the WC'ing types!

Ishould have a couple of 780Ti's the end of this week...now, if I wanted to go full blown WC'ing, basically be looking at:

2 x GPU Blocks with SLi adapter / fitting
1 x 360 or 480 Rad
1 x Pump (not sure type)
1 x Reservoir

All the fittings....any advice suggestions feel free to let me know...was thinking of sending Daz an email and see if he could put a list together for me...is that cool?

Yes, lots of researching as well...

I'll look at mounting the Rad down below in my 900D, curious of a 360 Rad is good enough for 2 Cards or possibly moving to 3 Cards at some point, or is a 480 Rad better or just plain over kill.

I'm going to leave my H320 on my CPU as its doing a great job, but I am getting tired of how warm these GPU's run and listening to the fans on em ;)

hero1 November 12, 2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbarker (Post 740415)
Hi Guys
A little preliminary "sniffing" for some advice from the "guru's here....of the WC'ing types!

Ishould have a couple of 780Ti's the end of this week...now, if I wanted to go full blown WC'ing, basically be looking at:

2 x GPU Blocks with SLi adapter / fitting
1 x 360 or 480 Rad
1 x Pump (not sure type)
1 x Reservoir

All the fittings....any advice suggestions feel free to let me know...was thinking of sending Daz an email and see if he could put a list together for me...is that cool?

Yes, lots of researching as well...

I'll look at mounting the Rad down below in my 900D, curious of a 360 Rad is good enough for 2 Cards or possibly moving to 3 Cards at some point, or is a 480 Rad better or just plain over kill.

I'm going to leave my H320 on my CPU as its doing a great job, but I am getting tired of how warm these GPU's run and listening to the fans on em ;)

Woohoo. Now we are talking. I say grab the EKWB XTX 480 mm rad (4x120), D5 vario, EKWB blocks when they come out, and res!

https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...20mm_radiator/
https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...servoir_combo/
https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...wm_8-24v_pump/

rjbarker November 12, 2013 02:43 PM

^^^ Thanks fo the links...ben over Dazmod site just seeing how to install WB on GPU....I have disassembled GPU's...280's, 480's and 580's but just to the point of applying thermal grease, so not right down to just the PCB.
You guys feel I would definitely need a 480 Rad for SLi 780Ti's or would 360 be adequate?

Also, guess I would need some sort of SLi HW for the WB's.....do you actually fit both WB's first on the GPU's, then install the SLi WB component thereby making both GPU's a single composite unti, then install both GPU's at the same time? Hope this makes sense...or install each GPU / WB assembly individually then install the "plumbing" between each GPU with SLi adapter?

Going to watch lots of youtube videos ;)

SugarJ November 12, 2013 03:09 PM

I'd think a 360 should be enough. Basic rule of thumb is 1x120 plus 1x120 for every component you are cooling. But to be honest, you'll want to plumb your CPU in once you see how effective the watercooling is on your GPU's. So stick with a 480.

I just picked the same res/top combo linked above but one size smaller for my build. You'll have enough room in the 900D for what ever type you want.

I've never had SLI watercooled GPU's, so I'll let someone else handle that one.

rjbarker November 12, 2013 03:37 PM

^^^ I understand, just the H320 is doing such a good job...no cooling issues at all even if I push to 5Ghz. So is the Res/Top combo a pump / Res combo....you would fill the loop at this point correct? Sorry, lots of research ahead of me.....wish someone with WC experience lived around here......no biggie....lots of resources available here and over at Dazmod..

EDIT: So that pump linked above mounts to the underside of the Rervoir? Sorry, just used to seeing seperate pumps n Reservoirs......then you would fill the loop at the top of the Reservoir:

Thanks again guys

lowfat November 12, 2013 03:41 PM

You could just add the two GTX780Ti's to the H320. Add a reservoir and another 360. With the two GPU blocks in parallel the H320 pump shouldn't have a problem.

rjbarker November 12, 2013 03:46 PM

^^^ Yes understand....but think I'd like to try a complete seperate loop with GPU's only....then perhaps later on plumb in the CPU...once I get more confident.....maybe even consider Mobo Blocks.

hero1 November 12, 2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbarker (Post 740561)
^^^ Yes understand....but think I'd like to try a complete seperate loop with GPU's only....then perhaps later on plumb in the CPU...once I get more confident.....maybe even consider Mobo Blocks.

I say you do it all at once. And I suggested the 480 mm rad because you have a bigger case and can take a lot of water cooling hardware. So, if you really want to go all out then I suggest you do another 480 or 360 mm rad up top. The loop should be Rad->GPU->GPU-> CPU->Top Rad->Res->Pump.

Birk November 12, 2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero1 (Post 740563)
I say you do it all at once. And I suggested the 480 mm rad because you have a bigger case and can take a lot of water cooling hardware. So, if you really want to go all out then I suggest you do another 480 or 360 mm rad up top. The loop should be Rad->GPU->GPU-> CPU->Top Rad->Res->Pump.



I'm going to agree with hero on this one.

SugarJ November 12, 2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbarker (Post 740559)
EDIT: So that pump linked above mounts to the underside of the Rervoir? Sorry, just used to seeing seperate pumps n Reservoirs......then you would fill the loop at the top of the Reservoir:

Thanks again guys

That's correct. Although I'd probably pay the dollar more and get the manual adjustment pump instead: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...io_8-24v_pump/

The one hero1 linked is a PWM model, which adjusts through bios or another controller.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 AM.