Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 25, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

slightly lower flow rate with bigger tubing which isn't a bad thing as the water spends more time on the blocks pulling heat. Like lowfat said the difference is negligible.

I like the smaller tubing myself... Frozen cpu sells the Primochill LRT advanced tubing which is very very good. I think the 3/8 - 5/8 stuff has a better bend radius but don't take my word for it.
3/8 x 1/2 Tubing | Page 1 | Sort By: Product Title A-Z - FrozenCPU.com *
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old November 25, 2013, 03:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Sorry Gord.....dont quite get what you mean here
The MCP655 / D5 pump has plastic fittings you have to clamp your hose to:

In order to use compression fittings, you need a pump top or a combination top/reservoir.

A top like this: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc..._csq_-_acetal/

Or a top/res like this tube style one: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...servoir_combo/

Or this bay reservoir with pump mount: https://www.dazmode.com/store/produc...5_single_loop/

The pump tops increase flow over the stock one and give you the option for screw-in G1/4 fittings. Oh, and the Swiftech MCP655 is a rebadged Laing D5 pump, so you'll see references to D5 pump tops. They will work.
Old November 25, 2013, 08:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Okay thanks...perfect...you posted exactly what I needed to see...yep I need visuals .. ;) I watched a WC'ing Video that Linus had showing him pushing the hoses over the ends of the Barbs on the Pump.

My next question is, what are the best methods for Bleeding as you're filling? Does it matter the order of components in the loop, as in:
Res - Pump - 360 Rad (up top) - CPU - 480 Rad (below) - Gpu's - Res....thoughts? I just threw this order here, not a ton of thought or reasoning..

Old November 25, 2013, 09:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As long as your res is above the pump (or part of it like the res/tops I linked) the order after that doesn't really matter. Fluid temperature will equalize around the loop if you have enough flow (and you will with a MCP655). Typically I try to keep the runs as short as possible because I think it's more purty and it uses less fluid. A lot of the premixed coolants are $20/liter and up. If you're sticking with plain old distilled water, do whatever loop order and use as much tubing as seems right to you. I find loop order depends where you are mounting your pump and rads. Try your best not to have a block or rad between the res and pump if they are separate, you'll have trouble getting fluid to the pump.

Bleeding (or working the air out of the loop) is a lot easier with a reservoir. I top the res up, power the pump until the res is empty, turn off and repeat. Once you've got enough fluid in the system you leave the pump running to work bubbles out of the loop. I leave the filler hole open for a while too, this helps the air escape when it gets to the res. Watch your fluid level and top up as necessary. It's quite common to have a big bubble in the rad or a block that doesn't work it's way out for a bit. My loop has been up for a week, I topped up on Saturday and today my res is down 1/2" again so there's more bubbles working their way out.
Old November 26, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Okay thanks.....so with my 900D I would be planning on fitting a 360 Rad in the top and a 480 Rad down below.
So perhaps: Rez - Pump - top Rad - CPU - GPU's - Bottom Rad - Rez...may make more sense and reduce run lengths....I guess once the Rads and Blocks are fitted its easier to then "look at it" and come up with the best solution.

Old November 26, 2013, 10:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

When I started I did mockups with pieces of cardboard and string. It really helps to visualize what you're thinking about.
Old November 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^^ Yeah okay...good tip!!