Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2013, 04:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Yeah I'm thinking the same thing Hero...bottomline I think 4.8 - 4.9 ghz is my Max 24/7 Clocks anyhow, for Benching I can push the 3930K to 5.1 Ghz and still dont run into Temp issues...so cant really see the benefit throwing the CPU into the Loop, its fine on the H320.
As for the GPU's, certainly under water is what these bad boys need ;)

Old November 24, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Hey guys....so I'm thinking 1 x 480 and 1 x 360 Rads for my 3930K, and 2 x 780TI's....what would your opinons be for these 2 Rads:

Black Ice SR1-360 Silent Revision 1 Triple 120mm Fan 2-ROW Radiator G 1/4IN Threaded Black Carbon

Black Ice SR1-480 Silent Revision 1 Quad 120mm Fan 2-ROW Radiator G 1/4IN Threaded Black Carbon

this for pump

Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs

Still looking at Reservoir...and Tubing size...fittings (think I've made up my mind Compression Fittings)...

Old November 25, 2013, 10:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I'd consider going with a dual reservoir and pump setup, is what I Am considering with a similar setup.
Old November 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Those rads should be good enough for you. The 360 up top and 480 at the bottom. That pump will be more than enough to go through the whole system and a 250ml reservoir will also do. For tubing, I'd suggest a 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD, more than enough and add compression fittings of the same size.
Old November 25, 2013, 10:57 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasrott View Post
I'd consider going with a dual reservoir and pump setup, is what I Am considering with a similar setup.
I think two pumps (and especially reservoirs) is mostly a waste of money.
Old November 25, 2013, 10:59 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I think two pumps (and especially reservoirs) is mostly a waste of money.
That's why I was quick to tell rjbarker that 1 pump and 1 res is more than enough.
Old November 25, 2013, 11:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

hero n lowfat...thanks guys, thats actually what I was thinking was the 360 Rad up top and the 480 Rad down below....that way I still have access to the connectors on my FC9 Fan Controller from up top (otherwise te 480 would cover it and the ittle connectors are a bit of a pita if you cant see em ;)

Dont know anything about which sizes of tubing is optimal, bu if you guys suggest 3/8" inside and 1/2" outside so be it....

Thanks again...still looking at after New Years, bu maybe purchasing parts as I see them.....looking out for 780Ti Full Water Blocks..

Old November 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The difference in tubing size between 3/8 and 1/2 ID has been shown to be negligible. I like fat tubing, so I use the bigger size but it's your preference. 3/8 is certainly more popular.

Definitely go compression fittings. They're worth the money. That pump is what I use, it's powerful enough to drive any loop.

If you go to a tube reservoir, you'll need a pump top so you can screw fittings into it, or get a top/res combo. They come in both bay and tube styles.
Old November 25, 2013, 01:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
The difference in tubing size between 3/8 and 1/2 ID has been shown to be negligible. I like fat tubing, so I use the bigger size but it's your preference. 3/8 is certainly more popular.

Definitely go compression fittings. They're worth the money. That pump is what I use, it's powerful enough to drive any loop.

If you go to a tube reservoir, you'll need a pump top so you can screw fittings into it, or get a top/res combo. They come in both bay and tube styles.
Sorry Gord.....dont quite get what you mean here

Old November 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Sorry Gord.....dont quite get what you mean here
What he meant was, aftermarket pump top has a G 1/4 threads. So you can use any fittings that has a G 1/4 thread and go nuts. As well, most tops has different IN/OUT ports so you can figure out the best way to run your line.
-Swiffy MCP35x X2, (2) Aphacool UT60 480 rad, Heatkiller rev. 3.0, i7 3930k @ 4.6 Ghz, 16 GB G.SKILL F3, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, XFX R9 290 w/ XPSC WB, Crucial M4 128GB & 240 GB Intel 530, (5) 3 TB Toshiba Drive, Corsair AX1200, Win 7 Ult 64-bit

HTPC Rig:
-G3258 @ Stock, Asrock Z97 Pro 4, Gigabyte 270x, 500 GB WD Black, (5) 2 TB WD Green, (1) 3 TB Toshiba HD, (1) 2 TB Samsung F4, Fractal Design R3, Corsair HX620 PS, Win 7 Ult 64-bit