Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
Yes, the antec is ~$14 more expensive than h90, but in youtube I see that also have pump noise problems, and in the reviews it have 42.9db, the h90 43.1db, very similars.

About H90 I cant found videos about the pump noise of this unit, I don't know if is because it has been little sold or because work good.
The Antec I said Killswitch may have is actually mine. I can tell you from experience that the 920 is as quiet and cools just as I said. Noise levels during extended gaming never even got close to 43db. The "silent" setting in the Antec software really is SILENT. I'm not trying to sell the Antec. I'm just telling you what I know and what I would recommend. Look here for noise level on the H90 http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,10.html Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5

Last edited by Slik; October 1, 2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: add info.
Old October 1, 2013, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

With the plethora of AIO Water kits out there the need for an air cooler is simply not needed.

Gone are the days of heavy heatsinks like the True120 and etc.

Waterkits are more efficient, quieter and less hassle.
Old October 1, 2013, 12:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
The Antec I said Killswitch may have is actually mine. I can tell you from experience that the 920 is as quiet and cools just as I said. Noise levels during extended gaming never even got close to 43db. The "silent" setting in the Antec software really is SILENT. I'm not trying to sell the Antec. I'm just telling you what I know and what I would recommend. Look here for noise level on the H90 http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,10.html Good luck with whatever you decide on doing.
And the antec 620? also is quiet like the 920? is better option than NH-U12S or Corsair H60/H90? it worth $8 less than NH-U12S.

My fear about these water kits is that appears the annoying pump noise, is very likely that it happens?
Old October 1, 2013, 12:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
And the antec 620? also is quiet like the 920? is better option than NH-U12S or Corsair H60/H90? it worth $8 less than NH-U12S.

My fear about these water kits is that appears the annoying pump noise, is very likely that it happens?
Old October 1, 2013, 12:12 PM
Rookie

Quote:

Old October 1, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Antec 920 is an Asetek based unit. The H90 is ... you guess it.... an Asetek based unit. The pumps will be within tolerances of each other in regards to noise levels. IMHO most noise is from air rather than the PUMP as these pumps are small, low power and use very little juice.

If you are looking at 120mm single bay units. Take a look at the Tundra TD03 by SilverStone. I have it and its brother the TD02 on the bench here next to me...and they are damn impressive for 120mm AIOs!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 1, 2013, 01:45 PM
Rookie

Tundra is very expensive, more than H90 or 920.

Between a Corsair H60 (2013), Antec 620 and NH-U12S, similar prices, what is better choice performance/silent? For the H60/620 i could buy a noctua NF-P12 or corsair AF120 if this would be an improvement. What recommend you?
Old October 9, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
With the plethora of AIO Water kits out there the need for an air cooler is simply not needed.

Gone are the days of heavy heatsinks like the True120 and etc.

Waterkits are more efficient, quieter and less hassle.
^^^^ Well said!!!!

As AKG pointed out pump noise is due to air trapped....I myself had the H100i and it was quiet, never heard that pump at all (over the fans in the Rad)....H320 I dont here pump noise either.....dont worry about it, the potential for pump noise doesnt compare to the benefits.......as Enaberif stated above...the days of behemoth Air Coolers are gone !!!!