Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20, 2013, 03:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Adding Monitoring computers to your W/C loop

Just wondering, has anyone spent any significant effort to add a computer (either Aqua or Koolance) to their W/C loop and hook up a flow meter, temp gauge, control their fans, etc?

This was always part of my upgrade plan to my first w/c system, and when I first started this project it looked like Aquacomputer was the only real source, now there looks like there is one from Koolance as well. Just wanted to start to get a picture of all of the new components I will need (Daz, watch out :P) and while I don't expect anyone to have a complete BOM of for what they built, it would be nice to know how many people have taken this next step in W/C.

Here is my rig as it stands today:
Red Rampage!

My 2.0 upgrade includes adding a second GPU, custom cabling (with some effort to route them cleanly), second pump, perhaps adding 3 more fans to upgrade the rad to a push/pull, and then the aquacomputer stuff - including a new flow meter, temperature gauges, and hooking up fans to PWM.

Anyway, any feedback on this would help, or if you know another forum that has a lot more detail. I will start poking around but I wanted to start here first.

B.
Old August 21, 2013, 04:22 PM
Rookie

B.

Here's my insane build - built primarily for the cooling systems with the game computer coming second.

LabJack | Measurement & Automation Simplified

All functions and data logging is done by another computer. I've learned that with WC'ing it all depends on what you want to achieve and how much $$ you want to spend. If you want to keep your CPU and GPU's as close to ambient as possible it's going to cost. That was my goal plus be flexible for the seasons. No sense running a chiller when the outside air temp is -5C.