Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2013, 10:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
I didnot know t his hmmmm maybe it is time to switch out my old yates grab a fan controller and get so decent fans
You have two general types of fans..

Those that move air and those than can push air.

The ones that just move a huge volume of air are good for case fans to push that air across. But when you have radiators the fins are generally fairly dense and using a high volume fan won't allow the air to be pushed through the fins.

Those that push air have a higher static pressure ability and can push it through the fins easily.
Old July 24, 2013, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

For sure the fans make a huge difference. As stated already, higher SP fans are a must for solid rad performance.

I'm not a fan of the SP120's personally. I tried them and returned the next day. They were much louder than I anticipated. I switched to Noctua NF-F12's and absolutely love them. Although the GT AP fans are pretty solid as well, and they don't come in nasty brown colors...
Old July 24, 2013, 11:20 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I think i saw somewhere that Noctua is coming out with black fans soon.
Old July 24, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 View Post
I think i saw somewhere that Noctua is coming out with black fans soon.
I think they're only making industrial/server fans in black. I'm not sure how well they will translate to home use. (Eager to see a review on them when they finally release though.) Although I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the 'redux' line of fans that are in all grey.
Old July 25, 2013, 04:42 AM
Top Prospect

Thanks for the links, I never seen them yet.I had three different brands in my cart and I'm glad I checked back to this thread
I'm going to take another look at noctua,gt's and the corsair units
My biggest concern right nowis to effectively force air thru two coolit elites without the panaflo noise
This is all to get ready for a build I hope to get started in the next month