Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2013, 08:07 AM
Rookie

Default 3x180mm radiator performance

I recently bought a FT02 from a member of the forum and i want to water cool with a triple 180 rad at the bottom.

It will be my first time watercooling. I wasn't able to find much performance numbers on those rads, but the surface area, mathematically, should be pretty impressive. Does anyone have real experience with it?

And also, any place in Canada i can get my hands on one? i only see it on Performance PC and Frozen cpu, not dazmode (or someone willing to sell me theirs? ^_^)

As well, mixing of aluminium and copper causes corrosion, but what about copper and nickle plated?
Old June 2, 2013, 08:37 AM

My System Specs

They perform rather well. But in an FT02 they don't get a lot of air due to the very restrictive air holes at the bottom of the case. The radiator should do significantly better if you were to cut away all the perforated holes and gave the radiator more air.

You also can not buy them in Canada. Where are you located? I have one that I no longer use.

Nickel and copper are generally fine together but it is always a good idea to use a corrosion inhibitor in the loop.
Old June 2, 2013, 05:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

If you remove the fan grills at the bottom of the ft02, it gives you more space to work with as well.
Old June 2, 2013, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Hey Lowfat, I feel so honored ^-^ your Forever Alone build was what made me fall for the FT02 build.

I am located in Waterloo/Toronto.

Tags
corrosion , ft02 , watercooling