Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8, 2013, 01:42 PM
Rookie

Some more pics couldent resist hooking it all up Lol. Now I just need a CPU to cool Lol

Pump vibrated like crazy until I cranked er down!
Old June 8, 2013, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

why don't you make the tubing between the video cards really short instead of the big half loop? Also a simple swap of tubing would clean the back side up better.
Attached Images

Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old June 8, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

then you could move the pump over a little and straighten out some of the lines... something I would do if it were me.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old June 8, 2013, 02:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
why don't you make the tubing between the video cards really short instead of the big half loop? Also a simple swap of tubing would clean the back side up better.
Good point I think I'll do that. I can not use a short tube for the video cards because the bottom card is wider. I tried it and it was a horrible kinked mess.
Old June 10, 2013, 06:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Middle connection between both your radiators looks really sloppy. Get two 90 degree fittings or adapters and see if there's enough space to connect both rads in the middle with a tiny bit of tubing. You could borrow the ones off your gfx card to test if there's enough clearance.
Old June 10, 2013, 06:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Middle connection between both your radiators looks really sloppy. Get two 90 degree fittings or adapters and see if there's enough space to connect both rads in the middle with a tiny bit of tubing. You could borrow the ones off your gfx card to test if there's enough clearance.

That's exactly what I am doing after tearing it all down I tested the 2 right angles and it works perfect. 5th order from dazmode!
Old June 12, 2013, 11:04 AM
Rookie

Well I couldn't wait to receive my ROG z87. I bought a used Intel dx58so which sucks I can't overclock my i7 920 lol. Anyways fired up valley benchmark and ran it for 8 hours both video cards are at 1250 core 1400 mem and 1.2 volts... Temps with only pull config 48c on the full cover and 54c on just the block! I have to say the silence is bliss fans are running at 900rpm.
I also upgraded to the overlord PCB for my catleap. The difference of 120hz vs 60 hz @ 1440p is simply stunning.!
More to follow when I get my haswell parts!
Old June 13, 2013, 10:23 PM
Rookie

So I was wandering around future shop and I noticed dynamat! I figured it would help with the pump vibration that was resonating in my case..... I got carried away and did the entire inside lol

Did it make a difference ? its hard to tell, I think the ultra slight pump resonance is gone. One thing is for sure it looks terrible I wish it came in black not tin foil lol