Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2013, 11:06 PM
Top Prospect

If you setup dual loops + correctly, you may have a slightly easier time cleaning your loop. Also, less rad on your GPU only loop. However, I'm not sure it's worth the cost and effort.
Old May 11, 2013, 07:44 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

A single loop where your rads share load is more efficient, I've tried both.

In my experience, 5/8" tubing is easier to work with, less prone to kinks- the difference in flow rate affecting temperature is negligible.

Old May 11, 2013, 08:21 PM
Top Prospect

Not about efficiency- it's about shaving a couple degrees on your cpu provided you don't have enough rad. GPUs are designed to run hot, so who cares if do.
Old May 12, 2013, 06:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I guess ill add another rad in a single loop would save me alteast a couple bucks thanks for the input i really appreciate it .
Old May 13, 2013, 07:31 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

a lot of guys will run water through one rad to cool the cpu and mobo (sometimes ram). Then they will run through another rad before hitting the vid card(s). If you are really wanting to push the limits you could also consider using a water cooling unit exactly like they use to maintain temps in high end fish tanks.
Aquarium Chillers & Fish Tank Chillers

I've seen a couple builds out there using these things but you really gotta understand dew point to prevent the blocks from sweating/condensation. Dew points change constantly... if you've ever seen a toilet sweat or have water around the tank. Same thing.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old May 15, 2013, 10:07 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

its probably a little more than im doing im going to push my cpu the most, atleast 5.2 Ghz either 1155 or 2011 cpu type dunno yet 3X(xfire), Ill OC GPU's as well. mobo and eventually ram i dont understand OC'ing ram yet im still learning hence y im waiting
Old May 15, 2013, 10:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

not to sure if OCing the ram is what a highly OC'd cpu can deal with. Simply having highly overclockable ram (high frequency) gives someone the head room to OC the cpu more. If anything people tend to drop the ram settings to stabilize a high OC... I have; in the past, water cooled ram and it was beneficial to stabilizing the cpu and squeezing a little more outta the cpu. While water cooling the ram has been debated over the years I had to try for myself and see and discovered it did help more than not.

Are you planning to maintain a heavy OC or is it just for testing/fun. Do you maintain a lower OC regularly?
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old May 16, 2013, 01:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well ive OC my processor several times and the best settings i have found is @ 4.5Ghz and 4.8Ghz. MY goal is to break the 5Ghz mark and keep stable for benchmarking, gaming etc
Old May 16, 2013, 02:05 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I use a couple rads myself in one loop.

Last edited by nasrott; June 13, 2013 at 02:16 AM.