Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Water Cooling (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/)
-   -   leak (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/water-cooling/60522-leak.html)

Mark April 3, 2013 04:04 PM

leak

1 Attachment(s)
Really junk if you ask me. I did a simple test to make sure it wasn't the o ring. Stuck a tube on in it, filled it with water and applied mouth pressure. It leaked horribly at the swivel nut portion...if you know what I mean.

Trash:doh:

ZZLEE April 3, 2013 05:12 PM

swap it out Poor luck

White plumbers thread tape tephlon fore emergency measures till you get a replacement part.

lowfat April 3, 2013 05:16 PM

Make sure there isn't too much force at the swivel part of the rotary. Give it a bit of a wiggle at the swivel to help relieve any pressure there is at the joint.

Mark April 3, 2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 700450)
Make sure there isn't too much force at the swivel part of the rotary. Give it a bit of a wiggle at the swivel to help relieve any pressure there is at the joint.

I did. This is junk. Why risk $1000 of computer gear for cheap and potentially dangerous connectors. Barb or solid angles ... PERIOD:angry2:

lowfat April 3, 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 700454)
I did. This is junk. Why risk $1000 of computer gear for cheap and potentially dangerous connectors. Barb or solid angles ... PERIOD:angry2:

What brand of rotary? The only ones I have ever had leak were Feser.

IRQ Conflict April 3, 2013 06:43 PM

Is there no type of liquid that can be used that isn't electrically conductive?

Mark April 3, 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowfat (Post 700457)
What brand of rotary? The only ones I have ever had leak were Feser.

Bitzpower

Mark April 3, 2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict (Post 700469)

ek WATERCOOLANT is non conductive

clshades April 3, 2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict (Post 700469)

Braineater and I tested that theory a couple years ago... we used 99.9% pure alcohol (anhydrous alcohol) and still conducted enough electricity to short out a cpu. The only liquid that I know of that is 100% non conducting is Fluorinert which is around 1000 bux a liter.

charlie3.0 and a few other HWC members were there to witness it.

To the OP I agree... I tried a couple of those I bought off someone on this site and they both leaked insanely... Solid 90's or forget it.

LegendMask April 3, 2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clshades (Post 700476)
To the OP I agree... I tried a couple of those I bought off someone on this site and they both leaked insanely... Solid 90's or forget it.

thats scary, I got the same fitter on my CPU just above my GPU :shok:.

to the OP, I hope nothing serious got damaged.