Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 31, 2013, 08:53 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default unstable flow because of air?

OK guys its been 18 hours testing and bleeding my first loop, and bleeding the loop is hella a pain.

I wish I used KaptCrunch's method in bleeding the loop, however I was all by myself, and couldnt do it.

Anyway I noticed something strange and I dont know if its normal or not, while my D5 is set to 1, and I tilt the case a bit to the right side of it, the flow slows down and stops. Is this normal? or is there a problem somewhere in the loop?

Unstable flow? - YouTube

PS: sorry for the noise in the background

eBay: kalsharabi - HeatWare: LegendMask - HWC: LegendMask
Old March 31, 2013, 09:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Just a guess, but I think you may need to top it up. Not enough water in it? Also, why not test it away from your components before assembling it? It would be a shame to get your motherboard wet.
Old March 31, 2013, 09:11 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'm going to say you found air trapped in the system and when you tilted it it locked up, you could try adjusting the speed on the pump while tilting it to help push the air out..
Old March 31, 2013, 09:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Just a guess, but I think you may need to top it up. Not enough water in it? Also, why not test it away from your components before assembling it? It would be a shame to get your motherboard wet.
its filled to the top, when I turn it off, the water level goes up touching the fill port cover, if its closed.

the components are not working, plus the leak test went well thank god, around 18 hours and no leak so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
I'm going to say you found air trapped in the system and when you tilted it it locked up, you could try adjusting the speed on the pump while tilting it to help push the air out..
done that, been switching speeds for 6 hours last night, tilted the case upside down multiple times, shook it real hard.

PS: the flow only stops when I have my D5 on speed (1) on other speeds it just slows down but doesnt stop. This might be not a big issue and could be solved by pumping up the speed, but the question here; is it normal for the flow to stop or slow down, when I tilt the case?

Old March 31, 2013, 09:34 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

What I did with my XSPC bay res was add a long tube (2') to the res fill port so I was able to keep it open while I rocked the case around a lot to chase the larger air bubbles out. This gives the loop a breather point well above the top rad. Once bled remove the tube.

Your flow is stopping due to an air lock large enough that when your pump is set on 1, it's not pushing hard enough to move the air. Set your pump to 3 for bleeding.
Old March 31, 2013, 09:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

will keep the speed up for the next hours, and gonna try to put a tube on the fill port now and tilt the pc a little bit.

thanks guys, will report later tonight

Old March 31, 2013, 10:16 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

the air seems to be trapped in the GPU block, I can hear it when I pump the speed all the way up.

after installing a tube on the res fed, and shaking the case real good, I can hear it on the res aswell. I hope it isnt air getting sucked back again.

Old March 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Try starts and stops on high settings or let sit fore an hour or two off then starts to high setting.
Old March 31, 2013, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame

lay the tower down (MB flat cpu up)

hard to see if your drain tube on suction side of pump (need more light for camera)

as said before not enough fluid in loop
Old March 31, 2013, 01:58 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Is it okie to add a little bit of distilled water to feser one clear? Or should I wait till tuesday and place an order for another bottle?

EDIT: NVM I added some distilled water already, now the water is showing on the tube that is connected to the res filler, when I turn it off or tilt it. gonna keep tilting and shutting it of and on for the next two hours, till I cant see the water on the tube.(hopefully)

Last edited by LegendMask; March 31, 2013 at 03:17 PM.