Go Back   Hardware Canucks > CASES & COOLING > Water Cooling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2013, 07:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

OK, so the screws they told you to use with the backplate are too long, and they probably bottom out before tightening down. If the 6mm ones are long enough to start in the threads while going through the backplate, use them.

Or run without the backplate.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

ah the mystery solved, screws to long @ gpu congrats on your water cooling adventure
Old April 3, 2013, 07:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
OK, so the screws they told you to use with the backplate are too long, and they probably bottom out before tightening down. If the 6mm ones are long enough to start in the threads while going through the backplate, use them.

Or run without the backplate.
Yup, Im gonna try the backplate with the provided screws in the first. ofcourse Im gonna try to run it with the plate hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
ah the mystery solved, screws to long @ gpu congrats on your water cooling adventure
oh yeah finally lol, even with all the hassle for my first time, it was still fun. Really glad about it, but damn this new hobby is gonna be expensive

eBay: kalsharabi - HeatWare: LegendMask - HWC: LegendMask
Old April 3, 2013, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dazome and silver coil

Yes you need it

Silver oxide kills biological algae, yeast and the like.
don't need your loop to look like a pond.

so a definite buy.
Old April 3, 2013, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It's hard for things to grow if there is flow in my humble opinion... and I only speak from my own experience. I've never had an issue with things growing. Recently however I left my rig off for 2 weeks and there was things starting to grow on the cpu block and one of my vid card blocks. Both of which were reasonably easy to clean.

I have a solution for that problem when I work out of town and I'll simply keep the pump running and the computer off when I'm away. Silver coil can ruin nickel plated blocks from what I understand and the correct way to stop that is to use a dielectric union wired to a sacrificial anode like magnesium. It's the same way all our hot water tanks are protected from corroding too fast.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old April 3, 2013, 07:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Im gonna be using silver coil, I havent received it yet since CanadaPost screwed my shipment rout and its being delayed, but one more day is not a big deal

eBay: kalsharabi - HeatWare: LegendMask - HWC: LegendMask